Job Id : 1392
Jobtitle : IT Specialist (APPSW)
Location : Cambridge, MA
Company Name : Smithsonian Institution
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $69,016 - $70,000 YEAR
Job type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2019-07-17
Required Skills : Engineering, Information Technology, Design
Benefits : No benefits are available
This is the position of Information Technology Specialist (Applications Software) in the NASA Astrophysics Data System (ADS) Project, High Energy Astrophysics Division of the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory.
Learn more about this agency
1. Manage ADS’s cloud-based computing infrastructure and system operations, ensuring the security, stability and scalability of the ADS services and its data
2. Work with team members to ensure software modules are production-ready, manage their deployment and monitoring
3. Collect metrics about system operations and service usage to support system monitoring, usage tracking and reporting4.
4. Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders in the design and development of new capabilities and the maintenance of existing functionality
5. Perform other duties as may be required
Conditions of Employment
Pre and Post background Investigation.
May be required to serve a one year probationary period.
Direct deposit/electronic funds transfer required for salary payment.
Selection may be made at either the grade 11, 12 or 13
This is a career ladder opportunity with promotion potential to grade 13
For qualification standards please check: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/IORs/gs2200/2210-altA.asp
For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in
the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Candidates for grade 11 must possess minimum of one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the grade 9 in the normal line of progression for this occupation. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position such as knowledge of
the Linux operating system, shell programming, and of a high-level programming language such as python; ability to manage reliable and scalable IT infrastructure, in particular on cloud computing platforms such as Amazon Web Services; knowledge of code versioning tools and repositories such as Git and Github; knowledge of the technologies used by the project: Nginx, Docker, PostgreSQL, SOLR; and knowledge of authentication and authorization systems.
Candidates for grade 12 must possess a minimum of one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the grade 11 in the normal line of progression for this occupation. Specialized experience is experience
that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position such as proficient knowledge of the Linux operating system, shell programming, and a high-level programming language such as python; proficient knowledge of code versioning tools and repositories such as git and Github; knowledge of continous integration and testing environments.
Candidates for grade 13 must possess a minimum of one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the grade 12 in the normal line of progression for this occupation. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position such as skill in managing and enhancing reliable and scalable IT infrastructure; and skill in data collection and integration to support analytics and business intelligence.
Marlabs, Inc Philadelphia, PA
Job Description: 9+ Years of experience in Requirement Analysis, Software Development, and ...
Collaborate Solutions, Inc. Somerville , NJ
Responsibilities: Design and build advanced applications for the iOS platform Collaborate ...
Collaborate Solutions, Inc. Des Moines, WA
Required : Facilitator/Servant Leader Experience Strong relationship management skills ...
Collaborate Solutions, Inc. New York, NY
Job Description: At least 5 yrs hands on DA experience Healthcare experience Proficiency ...
Collaborate Solutions, Inc. Dallas, TX
Job Description: Overall 8 + years of experience. Resource must have technically hands-on ...