Job Id : 855
Jobtitle : IT Technical Support Specialist
Location : Monroe, LA
Company Name : Vantage Health Plan, Inc.
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $50,000 - $80,000 YEAR
Job type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2019-07-01
Required Skills : Information Technology, Health Care, Insurance
Benefits : No benefits are available
At Vantage Health Plan, we specialize in taking care of people: our members, our patients, and our employees. We offer competitive salaries and great benefits! Benefits include: Health, Dental, Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Long Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and 401(k).
Vantage is currently looking for a Technical Support Specialist to work at our downtown Monroe location from 8:00AM – 5:00PM, Monday through Friday.
Job Summary: The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for providing end users with friendly, proactive first-line technical support.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Respond to help desk calls, emails, and support ticketing system inquiries in a timely manner while consistently displaying a positive attitude, actively listening, taking ownership, leveraging knowledge, and communicating clearly
• Research, identify, and recommend solutions for hardware and software issues
• Escalate complex issues to relevant IT department as needed
• Accurately record and/or update documentation
• Install and configure IT equipment
• Provide training to end users on use of hardware and software as needed
• Occasionally provide on-call after hours support
• Communicate with external vendors as needed
• Participate in special projects as assigned
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• CIS degree and/or 2-3 years of relevant experience
• Well-versed in troubleshooting Microsoft products and web-based applications
• Strong technical knowledge of PCs, laptops, printers, wireless devices, and peripheral hardware devices
• Strong working knowledge of Windows, communications software, virus protection, and diagnostic software
• Customer service oriented with ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users in a manner they can understand
• Time management skills with ability to efficiently prioritize multiple tasks
• Self-motivated with ability to work in a team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff
• Works under direct supervision of the Technical Support Supervisor and general supervision of the IT Infrastructure and Support Manager
• This position operates in a professional office environment
• This is a full-time position (40 hours/week)
• Overtime may be required
• Travel may be required
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to satisfactorily perform these essential functions without causing an undue hardship for the employer.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time and must frequently move about the office. The employee must constantly operate a computer and other office equipment such as phones, keyboards, printers, and copiers. The employee is regularly required to communicate with others via phone, email, etc. Occasionally, the employee is required to move up to 10 pounds and may, at times, be required to move up to 50 pounds.
Info Way Solutions Fremont, CA
Responsibilities: The Client is looking for a software developer for it's core website. ...
Info Way Solutions Los Angeles, CA
Job Description: Software Developer/Coordinator with 8+ years of experience in Java ...
Flexasoft Dallas, TX
Job Description: eeking strong hands on .Net Developer with MS .NET Fullstack and Angular ...
Flexasoft Coppell , TX
Job Description: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field or...
Karwell Technologies Inc Hoboken, NJ
Job Description: A minimum of 12 years of experience in technology implementation for full ...
We’re an equal opportunity provider.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
OPTnation.com is not a Consulting Company/Training Company/H1B Sponsor.