Position : Sr. Java Developer
*Location: Burlingame, CA
Duration: Full time*
Salary Package: AS Per Market base + 12.5% Bonus Potential + Equity. We will make an offer based on the candidates qualifications in relation to the market and internal equity.
Sr. Software Engineer:
What you will be doing
- You would be building the server components for our enterprise video delivery platform. Almost all of the projects start with simple proof-of-concepts and built for production readiness from there.
- Youll be taking the lead in the implementation of fixes and features, including requirements gathering, design, development and test.
- Your emphasis will be on building performant, scalable, low level components using techniques such as multi-threading.
- You will be working with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, frontend developers, and quality engineers.
- You will oversee the work of programmers and other engineering personnel, and mentor junior team members.
What you should have
- You have a bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience. Masters degree preferred.
- You have been building enterprise applications professionally for 5+ years using Java, Spring, Hibernate, MySQL, RESTful Web Services, Linux, and HTML5. C/C++ experience strongly desired.
- You have expertise in tracing and debugging down to the network level.
- This role will require creative problem solving and strong communication skills to work with different teams and stakeholders.
- You can write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Kafka or Elastic Search is desired.
- Background in the following areas is desired and will be part of the job activities: video & digital media, media streaming protocols and network delivery, monitoring and network management protocols.
Job Type: Full-time
- Jr. Java/ relevant: 3 years (Required)
- Sr. Java/ Relevant: 8 years (Required)