Job Id : 14169
Jobtitle : Java Developer
Location : Jacksonville, FL
Company Name : Black Knight Financial Services, Inc
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $78,000 - $138,000 PER YEAR
Job type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2020-06-11
Required Skills : RESTful Services, Angular (a Plus), Servlets, JDBC, JMS, EJBs, Java EE
Benefits : No benefits are available
This position is in support of the Servicing Software Group and requires the candidate to demonstrate technical knowledge of Java based applications. The Senior Java Developer will have responsibilities in full life cycle development within a services oriented architecture, including design, programming, testing, packaging, deploying, and maintaining service and infrastructure components for a major mortgage software company. The Sr. Java Developer will be developing full stack Java code within an Agile SDLC.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with various teams to ensure efficient, well documented, application infrastructure design that meets all standards and secure development requirements.
- Configures, analyzes, designs, develops, and maintains Java J2EE application code
- Completes solution design and development based on understanding of business need, scope, and requirements.
- Provides Java development of projects involving application development, migrations, and additions to existing applications.
- Participates in project meetings with other technical staff, business owners and subject matter experts.
- Assesses and develops design requirements for project and communicates in writing or in meetings with development team while assessing detailed specifications against design requirements.
- Remains current on industry standards in web development.
- Reviews application in progress of development to ensure compliance with overall design parameters and corporate development standards.
- Researches, develops and proposes new technologies to improve application architecture.
- Develops and/or reviews development of test protocols for testing application before user acceptance.
- Reviews test results and directs further development.
- May serve as technical lead, project lead or principal developer.
- May provide, or guide provision of technical support to applications currently in production.
- Mentors or guides work of less experienced programming and development staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Desired technical credentials should focus on object oriented design and programming in Java EE with a strong foundation in RESTful services, Angular (a plus), Servlets, JDBC, JMS, and EJBs
- Experience using the Java JVM and with applications running on WebSphere application server, Tomcat, Apache web server required
- Extensive experience with Eclipse, RESTful Web Services, Swagger, XML, SOAP, Linux, and Unix Shell scripting is required
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform (OCP) and Kubernetes experience required
- Java Microservices with Spring Boot experience required
- Angular experience (or other modern front end frameworks) a plus
- Experience with software development collaboration tools such as Jira, TFS and/or IBM Rational Team Concert desired
- Familiarity with database integrations: DB Modeling, JDBC configuration and connection strings, SQL, PLSQL, and Oracle Databases
- Understanding of encryption concepts (asymmetric vs. symmetric), SSL/TLS, PKI, X.509 certificate manipulation.
- Experience building and supporting Java applications
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, decision-making, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Focused and agile under pressure
- Willingness to quickly become an expert in new technologies
- Familiarity with security concepts and best practices
- Ability to develop partnership-oriented relationships with business executives, functional leaders, especially as it relates to operations and technology
- Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with focus on timeliness, documentation, and communications with peers and business users alike
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels within Black Knight or outside the organization (executives, regulators, clients, etc.)
- Results oriented, business focused, and successful at interfacing across multiple organizational units