Valiant is seeking a skilled Journeyman HVAC Technician to tend to commercial Heating, Ventilation, Cooling & Refrigeration equipment at Medical Research Facilities, such as Chillers, Cooling Towers, fans, vacuum pumps, air compressors, pneumatic controls, VAVs, Walk-in Boxes and Constant Volume Boxes, vents and ducts, and lubrication oil coolers.
- Installs, services and repairs environmental-control systems in hospitals, and other commercial establishments, utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, pipefitting, and structural layout.
- Will operate and maintain chillers, cooling towers and associated pumps.
- Monitor and make changes to EMCS systems over computer network Oversee water treatment program for cooling towers per OSHA and CDC.
- Calculate air flow from VAV s using flow hoods and adjust as necessary.
- Mounts compressors and condenser units on platform or floor, using hand tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications.
- Fabricates, assembles and installs ductwork and chassis parts, using portable metal working tools and welding equipment. Installs evaporator unit in chassis or in air-duct system, using hand tools.
- Cuts and bends tubing to correct length and shape, using cutting and bending equipment and tools. Joins tubing or pipes to various refrigerating units by means of sleeves, couplings or unions, and solders joints, using torch, forming complete circuit for refrigerant.
- Installs expansion and discharge valves in circuit.
- Connects motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls and circulating ventilation fans to control panels and connects control panels to power source.
- Installs air and water filters in completed installation. Injects small amount of refrigerant into compressor to tests systems and adds Freon gas to build up prescribed operating pressure.
- Observes pressure and vacuum gauges and adjusts controls to insure proper operation.
- Tests joins and connections for gas leaks, using gauges or soap and water solution.
- Wraps pipes in insulation batting and secures them in place with cement or wire bands.
- Replaces defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches, fuses and electrical wiring to repair installed units, using electrician s hand tools and test equipment.
- May install, repair and service air conditioners, ranging from fifteen to twenty tons cooling capacity, in warehouses and small factory buildings.
- Technician shall be experienced in operating, maintaining, and servicing frequency drives, 3 phase motors, vacuum pumps, air compressors, building controls, electronic to pneumatic controls, pneumatic valves, electronic valves, refrigeration systems, chillers, cooling towers, lab Exhaust, and fume hoods
- Responsible for scheduling daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual, and unscheduled maintenance work.
- On Call - for off hour emergencies, during post and facility power outages, and during inclement weather.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Journeyman s Certification, Three-year certificate from college or technical school; or ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Individual should have basic computer skills for mandatory training classes.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge; skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Journeyman s License, Universal Gas Certifications (if applicable). CFC Certification, Any and all state or federal requirements.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
INTEGRITY - Honesty, Trust and Respect in every situation
EXCELLENCE - Performance, Effectiveness, Quality, and Safety in everything we do
INNOVATION - Embracing new ideas and best practice in every service that we provide
Valiant Integrated Services is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.