Job ID : 27696
Location : Kansas City, KS
Company Name : Global Soft Systems, Inc.
Job Type : Full-Time, Contract
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $50,000 - $55,000 per year
No. of Positions : 2-4
Required Skills : .net C Asp.net Sql
Benefits : No benefits are available
The world’s leader in tax preparation services is looking for an Associate Software Engineer to support our Retail Tax Application. Under the guidance of a senior, lead, or principal software engineer, you’ll design, develop and maintain software components and products that support the client's business applications, specifically you will build input screens using in house tools, as well as code and unit test calculations to produce accurate returns. You’ll use tools, languages, coding standards, and best practices to develop new product features and maintain year over year product functionality and enhancements. In addition, you’ll create and execute unit tests and address defects. Finally, you’ll work closely with the QA, Tax Analysts, and other teams to ensure a consistent understanding of requirements and approaches.
What you’ll do….
• Design, develop and maintain software components.
• Participate in technical design and code reviews for all new enhancements and maintenance work delivered.
• Understand business and functional requirements and produce technical specifications and product requirements.
• Create, maintain and execute unit tests.
• Maintain current knowledge on the latest technologies relevant to the role regarding algorithms, language, design methodology, third-party development tools, application platforms, hardware compatibility, and operating systems.
It would be even better if you had…
• Experience with:
• Visual Basic .NET, C#
• ASP.NET (Web Forms, MVC, Web API)
• SQL (basic)
• Accounting experience
What you’ll bring to the role…
• Bachelor's degree, or working in Computer Science, Information Technology, Accounting, or related field. • Knowledge of software development concepts and practices.
• Knowledge of all phases of the software development lifecycle.
• Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated effective time management, organizational, prioritization, and planning skills.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to develop creative solutions in assigned projects.
• Ability to work in a team environment with limited supervision.
Note: Remote work available
Journey Group Sioux Falls, SD
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Assist the Project Manager with project procurement, ...
CSL SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS Burlington, VT
Ideal Experience/Skills: Knowledgeable in SQL, preferably Microsoft Transact-SQL Server 2012....
Revature Chattanooga, TN
Job Requirements: College degree (Associates or Bachelors) Must be authorized to work in the...
360 View Nashville, TN
Job Description: Looking for talented graduates who are hungry to be challenged and grow their...
Elliott Bay Design Group Entry, WV
Responsibilities & Duties: Work will primarily be in an office environment (5 days per ...
We’re an equal opportunity provider.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
OPTnation.com is not a Consulting Company/Training Company/H1B Sponsor.