To assist with the overall administration of investment services with full understanding of discounted cash flow and interest rate swaps, ability to manage database management creation, financial modeling with extensive ability to perform V-Lookups and create Pivot Tables. Applicants with credit union or financial institution experience will be highly considered.
Incomplete online job applications will get rejected automatically.
- Establish daily certificate rates; distribute rates internally and update rates as necessary.
- Receive and process certificate and information requests from members; performs certificate surrenders as requested by members.
- Analyzes and recommends new investment certificate and related products; serves as Liaison to US Central investment products.
- Works with Credit Union Branch Member Services Representatives to inform and help sell Credit Union investment products.
- Reviews daily and overnight investment certificate products to ensure they are competitive in the marketplace and contribute to the Credit Union s ability to earn a positive spread on these funds.
- Consults with members on investment opportunities available at the Credit Union.
- Generates and maintains investment files including updating information required for each security or certificate according to Credit Union policy and procedures requirements.
- Provides investment information for Credit Union newsletter.
- Generates accrued interest and month-to-date interest on all securities for accounting reconciliation.
- Develops and produces investment reports and data for meetings.
- Analyzes the liability portion of the balance sheet; reports results to other parties as necessary.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Two or more years of similar or related experience. EDUCATION:
Bachelors Degree in Business, Finance or related field. INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are esswential elemtns of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for the purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships or soliciting cooperation. OTHER SKILLS:
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.Southland Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Two years experience in a financial institution, Credit Union preferred.
- Strong analytical and communication skills required.
- Must be proficient with general office equipment, desktop computers, computer keyboard and 10-Key calculator.
- Core experience using the Episys (Symitar) system preferred.
- Advanced expertise in using Microsoft Office products and Outlook is required.