Knowledge Management Analyst
Apogee Solutions – Doral, FL
Knowledge Management Analyst
Apogee Solutions, a Woman Owned Small Business, is seeking experienced professionals to organize, plan, create, integrate, maintain, and transfer knowledge to enable a more complete situational understanding and facilitate overall decision making recommendations to the Commander MARFORSOUTH and his staff on Knowledge Management (KM) actions, policies, and procedures.
- Participate in MARFORSOUTH contingency, crisis and exercise operational planning teams (OPT).
- Review and provide recommendation for SOUTHCOM and Marine Corps taskers (MCATS/DON Tracker, SOUTHCOM Tasker system).
- Assist MARFORSOUTH staff in Marine Corps and SOUTHCOM planning conferences (e.g. Force Synch Conference) by gathering information to facilitate planning.
- Analyze the existing business processes, information workflow, and data storage and control procedures to identify opportunities for increased efficiencies and improvements in the sharing of information.
- Serve as the administrator and technical point of contact for use of SharePoint and other web-based information sharing tools. In this capacity, the contractor administers and maintains the MARFORSOUTH s classified and unclassified SharePoint websites and will develop SharePoint solutions to extend knowledge management throughout the staff to include designing and developing custom SharePoint applications and Web parts to automate currently manual processes.
- Make recommendations to the MARFORSOUTH G-6 on Information Technology (IT) upgrades required to support improvements in knowledge management and information sharing.
- Assist with the implementation of solutions by analyzing technologies, technical and business processes and/or functions; documenting findings, identifying areas for improvement; and creating recommended specifications to implement better practices.
- Assist in the management of the MARFORSOUTH records management program to include document/information security.
- Train personnel in methods and techniques used in Automated Information Storage and Retrieval systems and implement systems needed for effective management of information.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The ability to create products and presentations that communicate ideas effectively and concisely
- Working knowledge and understanding of USSOUTHCOM SharePoint preferred
- Working knowledge and understanding of web-based information sharing tools preferred
- Working knowledge and understanding of Global Theater Security Cooperation Information Management System and USSOUTHCOM Theater Engagement Dashboard preferred
- Current U.S. Secret Security Clearance.
- A valid US driver s license.
- A valid US passport.
- Country visa (as required in line with the U.S. Department of State Foreign Clearance Guide)