Associate Lab Ambassador-Thousand Oaks
PerkinElmer – Waltham, MA
This position is located in Thousand Oaks
Provide high touch support for the scientist community of designated functional group(s) at designated account and general support for the on-site service engineers and technicians. Coordinate and communicate with end users regarding all aspects of OneSource Asset Management program, including service call initiation, scheduling, maintenance, inventory data integrity, escorting of vendors for managed activities, safety and day-today lab operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary liaison for SAP and Maximo work order requests and tracking
- Check-in and check-out service providers on-site, escorting service providers
- Expedite service from OEM and third-party service provides and execute escalation procedures as necessary
- Ensure required PM and validation calls are assigned as per SOW
- Review, verify, and confirm inventory databases - SAP and Maximo are in sync
- Coordination of instrument on-boarding and disposition to ensure full instrument lifecycle is managed
- Ability to multi-task and prioritzie
- Enter data into Maximo and/or SAP system, including work order and purchase order creation as well as accurate asset information
- Close completed service orders and monitor open service order to minimize delays in service
- Interact and communicate with client personnel via face-to-face, telephone, and email
- File and retrieve quality documents within auditable system
- Accountable for SAP and Maximo data integrity through Move-Add-Change Process (MAC) and continuous inventory checks
- Provide first level of response for service order requests in the lab to help ensure technical staff arrives prepared
- College degree or equivalent education and work experience
- Science degree or background a plus
- One or more years administrative and customer service experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical R&D chemistry lab operations
- Demonstrated ability to provide customer service via face-to-face, email and phone
- Proficiency in use of SAP/Maximo systems and MS Office Suite, with advanced Excel skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests with different levels of urgency
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accurate data entry
The overall physical exertion of this position requires:
- Sit or stand 2-3 hours in laboratory areas.
- Walk 2-3 hours within a facility.
- Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist.
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Office work activities, including keyboard, with fingers/hands/arms up to 4 hours.
- Work around moving laboratory equipment and machinery.
- Use of personal protective equipment in laboratory.
- Work with biohazards such as blood borne pathogens.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory, controlled environments requiring personal protective equipment.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Overtime may be required at times.
- Employee maybe required to manage hazardous wastes in compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations. Duties may include: Identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing, labeling.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.