Lab Supv - Seattle, WA req26067
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8-4:30
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. Its about providing clarity and hope.
As a Lab Technician you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. Youll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Lab Technicians play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and were creating the lab of the future an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
Responsible for the scheduling and supervision of the non-exempt lab personnel on multiple shifts. Accountable for quantity and quality of specimens handled and test results.
1. Oversees staff and activities of the department, distributes/assigns work; determines priorities; schedules non-routine procedures; performs personnel related functions (hiring, firing, discipline, training, etc.).
2. Performs advanced/specialized tests and other related laboratory techniques. May duplicate work of others to confirm test results. Re-evaluates methodology, makes recommended changes and assists in test interpretation. Determines if further testing should be done on samples or if test should be repeated.
3. Checks/approves all specialized and problem reports for accuracy.
4. Initiates quality-control measures and monitors quality of work for adherence to laboratory standards.
5. Performs duties of technologist as necessitated by absence or peak workload.
6. Completes special projects as requested, e. g., surveys, statistical reports, studies, research, etc.
Education: BS MT or Cryogenics or Molecular preferred Work Experience: 5+ years
Other: Experience in a laboratory environment.
New York State Inspection Lab Requirements only:
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.
Quest Diagnostics Seattle, WA
Kuplr Seattle, WA
Lumen Bioscience Seattle, WA
Morgan Stanley Seattle, WA
United Way of King County Seattle, WA
AnchorQEA Seattle, WA
GLOBAL SOLUTIONS GROUP Seattle, WA
Kaiser Permanente Seattle, WA
GLOBAL SOLUTIONS GROUP Seattle, WA
FedEx Express Kent, WA
Community House Mental Health Agency Seattle, WA
28 April 2016
SAP PLM ( Product Lifecycle Management ) is the SAP business suite part. This program provides organizations the ability to perform their essential business processes and is designed in a way to work with other SAP and non-SAP software. This program provides a 360-degree support for all product-relaread more..
25 April 2016
SAP BASIS (Business Application Software Integrated Solution) is a middleware programs set. The responsibilities of SAP BASIS includes printing/spooling configuration and administration, creating and restoring data back-ups, managing the database space allocation, to create role using different methread more..
01 April 2019
F1 Work Permit – Work Options while Studying in the USA on Student Visa International students who wish to study in the USA have permission to study on Student Visa. So, these studentsread more..
20 April 2016
Hibernate is an ORM (open-source object/relational mapping) tool helping developers of Java storing and accessing persistent objects. It is a high-performance object/relational persistence and query service. It deals chiefly with data persistence. A wide range of topics covered includes HQL, inheritread more..