SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ERs, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility-based staff continue to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Healths top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data
Henrico Doctors Hospital is a 340-bed Level II Trauma Center offering a full range of healthcare services. We specialize in heart and stroke care, women s health, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We re also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
Henrico Doctors Hospital Awards and Distinctions
- Accredited by the Joint Commission with a Gold Seal of Approval
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures including surgical care, perinatal care, prematurity and pulmonary care.
- Recognized as Best Hospital in the Region in 3 Types of Care
- Heart Bypass Surgery
- Colon Cancer Surgery
- Knee Replacement
- Certified Chest Pain Center
- Certified Primary Stroke Center
Our patients are our priority, but so are you!
Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too! We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, student loan repayment, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professionals like you to be a part of our Laboratory Family!
Essential Laboratory Assistant job functions and responsibilities:
- Knowing, understanding, and putting into practice general lab policies/procedures as well as department/section specific policies/procedures. Adhering to all regulatory guidelines. Reviewing all posted policy changes as required.
- Demonstrating the ability to assess a situation, consider the options, and formulate an appropriate course of action. Recognizing and performing duties in an independent manner with little or no supervision.
- Demonstrating initial and annual competency in all appropriate designated lab sections within set deadlines. Accurately performing tasks when scheduled. Participating in continuing education activities.
- Participating in all facility/corporate mandatory training annually and as required within set deadlines.
- Being cooperative in assisting the laboratory team in the completion of miscellaneous duties including specimen receiving and putting away supplies when received in the department.
- Organizing and completing daily tasks in assigned area(s).
- Investigating/resolving specimen collection problems using Outstanding Specimen Report (OSR) and specimen tracking tool when appropriate. Documenting action taken appropriately and communicating actions to appropriate individuals.
- Demonstrating knowledge and skills to train new employees and/or students in general lab policies/procedures as well as department/section specific policies/procedures.
- Demonstrating cultural competence by being able to explain procedures by utilizing communication interventions as appropriate for all customers across all ages and populations.
- Demonstrating knowledge and adhering to all policies relating to the JCAHO National Patient Safety Goals for the Laboratory, including, but not limited to patient identification and effective communication with other care givers.
- Phlebotomy training (required)
- Phlebotomy training from an approved school (preferred)
- ASCP/ASPT certified phlebotomist or equivalent; continuing education to meet ASCP guidelines (preferred)
- Phlebotomy experience or training (required)
- At least 1 year experience in phlebotomy. Specimen handling experience (preferred)
- Full Time
- Day Shift
- 3am-11:30am during the week
- 3am-1:30pm on the weekend
- Weekend & Holiday Rotations
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.