TIC - The Industrial Company is a direct-hire, heavy industrial contractor providing world-class construction expertise in the areas of Power, Mining/Minerals Processing, Oil/Gas/Chemical, Renewable Energy, and Food & Beverage. Our financial stability, broad range of specialized capabilities and outstanding performance record make TIC the contractor of choice for heavy industrial construction. Our unique company culture of craft professionals who are Powered by People, include an outstanding safety environment where Nobody Gets Hurt , with mutually developed career plans for your success. We have a work hard, play hard attitude and meaningful involvement in local communities.
TIC-The Industrial Company Seeking Laborer
Position Summary: Assist skilled craft workers in performing their assigned duties.
1. Use effective verbal communication skills. Add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers and fractions accurately.
2. Read and understand warning signs, operating instructions for equipment, jobsite safety rules and jobsite policies.
3. Understand various labor assignments sufficiently to be able to work for several hours without supervision.
4. Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems that arise or that may be encountered in the course of performing assigned tasks. Take corrective actions as needed.
5. Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
6. Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
6. Devise solutions to problems or difficulties encountered in performing assigned tasks. Implement such solutions as needed.
7. Learn to observe functioning of installed equipment or systems to determine hazards and act in a manner so as not to expose yourself or others to the observed hazards.
8. Lift and carry heavy items weighing up to 50 pounds or more.
9. Move in and around confined and cluttered places, and uneven areas. Full range of motion and flexibility.
10. Work up to a 12 hour shift doing hard physical labor in varying temperature extremes and other outside conditions.
11. Climb and maintain balance on steel framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds.
12. Use appropriate hand (i.e. hammer, screwdriver, broom, sledge hammer) and power tools
(i.e. sand blasting equipment, hand compactors) to perform a variety of functions including, but not limited to, digging, spreading and leveling dirt and gravel, using pick, shovel and wheelbarrow; lift, carry and hold building materials, tools, and supplies; clean tools, equipment, material, and work areas; mix, pour and spread concrete, asphalt, gravel, and other materials; join wrap and seal sections of pipe; perform a variety of routine, non-machine tasks, such as removing forms from set concrete, filling expansion joints, with asphalt, placing culvert sections in trench, assembling sections of dredge pipeline; driving stakes; perform cleaning, compacting, grading, painting, sanding or stripping operations; worker may spend time on one job or may be transferred from task to task as the project progresses to completion.
13. Identify safety hazards you or other employees may be subject to and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize hazards.
14. Understand and respond appropriately to all safety hazards and warning devices (i.e. back-up alarms, smell of smoke, different colored warning tags, warning sirens).
15. Understand and follow lockout/tagout procedures in a safe manner.
16. Produce quality work, meeting requirements of plans, specifications and industry standards.
17. Be motivated and work productively.
18. Perform all job related duties requested by supervisor.
1. Perform all other actions necessary to accomplish the foregoing essential job functions.
2. Coordinate with other crafts and co-workers on the job.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
TIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, veterans and the disabled to apply.TIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, veterans and the disabled to apply.
Posting Notes: Cameron Parish || Louisiana (US-LA) || United States (US)
Nearest Major Market: Lake Charles
TIC Cameron Parish, LA
APTIM Cameron, LA
Double EE Contractors LLC Cameron, LA
Remedial Construction Services, L.P. (RECON) Cameron, LA
APTIM Cameron, LA
State of Louisiana Cameron, LA
APTIM Hackberry, LA
APTIM Cameron, LA
Kiewit Corporation Lake Charles, LA
McDermott Cameron, LA
Golden Nugget Lake Charles Lake Charles, LA
19 July 2018
Are you tensed with your coming up a job interview? Are you confused about how to prepare for an interview? Whether it's an in-person meeting or telephonic interview. Be confident and mentally prepared. Even if you are going for field specialist jobs likeread more..
23 October 2018
What is an Exit Interview? Definition of Exit Interview - In human resource terms, an employee exit interview is a wrap-up meeting between management representatives and the person who is leaving an organization. The termination can be voluntarily or throughread more..
25 September 2015
The international students who are currently working on the OPT, have to face a great deal of worry when their OPT work permit is near to the expiry date. The students in this time period sread more..
20 April 2016
Java is an object -oriented programming language and is a platform too. It is simple to understand and is a general purpose language. It was developed by Sun Microsystems and was later overtaken by Oracle Incorporation. It is the most powerful and dynamic programming language being used today. Thread more..