Land Transaction Manager
Lennar – Columbia, MD
Overview Primary role will be to support the Vice President of Land Acquisition, through the due diligence process of deals within feasibility, prepare the required business plans (Greenfolder) for each deal under pursuit, prepare competitive market analysis studies and reports, assemble financial reports and statements, prepare narrative summaries and the due diligence questionnaire needed for the final Greenfolder, manage third party consultants and the delivery dates of their required reports for the final Greenfolder, help to research deal specific tasks, and provide support in underwriting potential opportunities. Responsibilities
- Take charge of the Greenfolder process ensuring that the Division completes all due diligence and internal approval items within a timeframe that meets third party sellers contractual requirements, including assembling Green Books by preparing executive summaries, marketing summaries, due diligence questionnaire, aerial photos, lot/ land competitive market analysis, demographic analysis, financial narratives, pricing proformas, community P&L statements, and cash flow statements.
- Manage processes and third party reports required for deals in due diligence and ensure that all reports are completed and evaluated within the timeframe that meets third party sellers contractual requirements.
- Assist with and manage contracts, proposals and other documents required for vendors regarding the study and development of the property.
- Review and evaluate development plans for all new communities as well as existing communities, as required.
- Research analyze approvals/permits, zoning, engineering plans, improvement estimates, off-site, phase 1 environmental reports, improvements/contributions, soils/geology, wetlands, utilities, affordable housing component/contribution, surveys and building costs.
- Develop a broad understanding of the market including the competitions communities, house types/sizes, price points, and sales absorptions for each county within the region.
- Prepare financial analyses, market analyses, and narrative reports for parcels under consideration for purchase.
- Contact and meet with developers and land sellers upon managers request.
- Assist Vice President of Land Acquisition with updating pipeline reports for each county within the region.
- Provide administrative support and assistance to Vice President of Land Acquisition.
- Receive invoices from sub-contractors/vendors and direct them to proper party for approval and payment.
- Manage and establish HOAs for existing assets and new acquisitions, coordinator all HOA related activities and collaborate with HOA management companies as needed.
- Evaluate land deals and work with Division Management to determine appropriate land price, product, home price, home cost and deal structure to maximize profits.
- Manage contracts including tracking critical dates and collateral review (i.e., title commitments, title exception documents, surveys, PUDs, concurrency, environmental reports, etc.) while under contract.
- Work with Division team to prepare monthly closing approvals and wire requests.
- Maintain corporate records and data base of closing files in both hard copy and electronic format, as well as files and systems needed within the land department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Economics, Marketing or similar field of study preferred
- Minimum 1 years of experience in land acquisitions
- Valid Drivers License and good driving record
- Valid auto insurance coverage
- Computer literacy, including word-processing, spreadsheet analysis, project scheduling and data management software, Financial Management Systems, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work well on a team
- Solid foundation of the fundamental concepts of financial management, projects, and their valuation, corporate valuation, strategic financial decision, and tactical financing decisions
- Strong understanding of the housing marketplace, market trends and market analysis
- Strong researching skills and the ability to assemble information on a timely basis from a variety of sources
- Ability to multitask, prioritizing multiple projects and adapting to changing priorities
- Must exercise initiative and achieve objectives with minimal supervision
- Must be detail-oriented and a problem-solver able to deal with complex situations