Lead Analyst - Financial Planning & Analysis
United Airlines Inc. – Chicago, IL
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world come find yours.
The Finance department, which manages the company s budgets, forecasts and investments, and provides analysis of our financial performance and strategies.
Job overview and responsibilities Provides financial and statistical analysis, support, and reporting to leadership. Generates routine reporting as well as specific ad hoc analysis. Participates and contributes to meetings involving key finance issues.
- Directly responsible for development and delivery of financial analyses, and provision of accurate financial guidance, supporting and informing senior leaders in key strategic initiatives
- Manage projects through their full lifecycles, from initial concept and sizing to implementation
- Support of organization and senior leaders in regular and ongoing reporting on profitability, operational, and financial performance by building financial models in support of long range planning process as well as ad-hoc scenario analysis needs
- Support senior leadership in capital allocation discussions. Incorporating long range earnings projections and capital expense priorities.
- Strive for continuous improvement of 3 statement model, both for near term and long term projections.
- Well acquainted with financial statements and analyses
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient with data querying tools and data manipulation
- Ability to work cross-functionally and navigate organizational interdependencies
- Ability to identify data trends and turn data into information
- Ability to create and deliver presentations and effectively communicate to senior leadership
- Ability to generate creative solutions to difficult or ambiguous problems
- Bachelor s degree in Finance, Accounting, or other related field
- Minimum 3 years of analytical work experience demonstrating increasing responsibility; airline or travel industry experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Knowledge of data visualization tools, such as Spotfire
- Initiating action, building partnerships, cross-functional teamwork, finding solutions, planning and organizing, self-starter, strong inter-personal skills
- MBA or Masters degree in Finance/Economics/Quantitative field
- Hyperion planning experience
- 2-4 years FP&A experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT