This position is responsible for managing/leading multiple projects thru various phases ensuring that production support, release management, and environment management requirements are met for CSG and also meeting service level objectives for configuration, system and batch monitoring, custom code deployment and testing of CSG release upgrades, enhancements, and hyper fixes. Works with management to implement process improvements and provide solutions to complex problems. Supports the effort of implementing new software and fixes to ensure adherence to service level objectives. Responsible for milestone adherence to ensure the integrity of CSG releases can be measured. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently supports key operational initiatives and critical production tools as well as CSG release and environment management.
Actively participates in leading software upgrade support, promotion of custom code between environments, environment creation and support, job scheduling, data Analysis and automation.
Participates as team member to assist with conversions and migrations to IT hosted platforms as well as other special projects.
Works closely with IT teams to evaluate business requirements related to the use and configuration of CSG, and 3rd Party software applications.
Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their
application to current configuration management needs
Makes strong contributions to department knowledge and helps drive methodology and technical direction.
Works in a team environment, selects appropriate techniques to solve challenging problems related to software and database issues. First escalation point for resolving issues.
Ensures that department policies are followed to ensure that internal, external, PCI, and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements are met.
Participates in weekly change management calls.
Coordinates and communicates maintenance windows.
Provides daily and weekly release reporting.
Communicates release details and schedules to the Business as required.
Negotiates, plans, and manages all release activities.
Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensures alignment across key partners and vendors.
Coordinates Go-Live activities including the execution of deployment plans and checklists.
Acquires and maintains current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies to provide technically accurate solutions.
Responsible for documenting procedures and working with technical writers to publish user guides and support documents.
Assists with end user training and providing solutions to resolve issues.
Performs other duties as requested or assigned by management. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSSkills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Experience supporting a large production billing operation
- Proficient with use of Microsoft Office
- Excellent technical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Must have the ability to support multiple initiatives in a fast rapid environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and produce work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and establish and adhere to timelines.
- Knowledge of cable television industry
- Experience with HP ALM
- Extensive knowledge and hands on experience in QA practices and methodologies.
- Automation Testing with hands on experience on tools such as HP UFT/QTP, Selenium
- Extensive experience working with Oracle Database, deriving complex queries. CSG Vantage a plus
- Experience in tools such as SQL Developer, MySQL Server
- Should have good knowledge and exposure in designing Data driven/Hybrid Framework
- Experience with enterprise ticketing systems.
- Formal training in project management practices preferred.
- Ability to professionally document processes and create project and test plans.
Related Work Experience
- Bachelor s degree in IT or related field is preferred from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
- 3+ years of Prior Leadership Experience
- 3+ years of Demonstrated project management experience
- 5+ years of Quality Assurance and Automation
- 3+ years of Data Analysis & Data Management
- 3+ years of IT operations Lead experience
- 5+ years of Billing System (CSG/ICOMS) platforms
- Office environment - Some weekend and night work