Lead EngineerRequisition ID: (18009706)Primary Location:
United States-Texas-Houston Job Function:
Engineering Job Posting Date:
Jun 4, 2019, 9:17:14 PM Description
We are seeking a customer-focused Lead Level Engineer professional for our Houston, TX office to successfully support industrial control system projects by applying instrumentation and electrical knowledge and implementation methodology while creating designs, documents and custom applications. Requires application of mature knowledge in planning and conducting work, and coordination of difficult and responsible assignments. Assigned problems make it necessary to modify established guidelines, devise new approaches, apply existing criteria in new manners and draw conclusions from comparative situations.Job Responsibilities:
- Technical responsibility for I&E engineering on grass-roots and control system upgrade projects
- Work on a project team with other professionals
- Work with new product technologies such as DeltaV, DeltaV SIS, FOUNDATION fieldbus, AMS
- Develop control system definition & architecture
- Develop instrumentation specifications; control valve applications & specs; on/off valve applications & specs; transmitter applications & specs
- Perform instrument sizing calculation for instrument selection and develop installation standards
- Design and develop specifications for power & grounding for field instruments
- Use instrument index tools and perform database entry
- Understand bus technologies (FOUDATION fieldbus, ProfibusDP, DeviceNet, AS-i bus) and develop specifications and design associated power supplies, power conditioning, isolators, bricks, terminations, surge protection, etc.
- Lead and perform field walk-down of P&IDs and loop sheets and motor schematics; markup P&IDs for revisions; participate in P&ID reviews with client process engineers & operators; markup and edit loop sheets and motor schematics
- Estimate I&E efforts for control system and instrumentation projects
- Design Intrinsically Safe systems/circuits for active or passive IS barriers; specify and select IS barriers
- Design or consult on FOUNDATION fieldbus segments and devices; develop design specifications
- Develop or supervise development of construction bid packages
- Supervise installation of field instruments
- Manage scope and meet project schedules
- Lead other engineers in I&E efforts
- Work on team to plan and execute SAT, commissioning, and start-up or hot-cutover at customer plant sites
- Participate in SAT, commissioning, and start-up or hot cutover of instruments in the field
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Decision Quality: Making good timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Resourcefulness: Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Directs Work: Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
- Plans and Aligns: Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Ensures Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Drives results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Instills Trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Application ProcessPlease apply through
- BS Engineering,12 + years of I&E work associated with instrumentation and control systems/DCS/PLCs for projects
- Excellent technical knowledge of instrumentation and control systems in plants
- Must have field experience, can work in plant environments
- Field walk-down experience in Refinery and Petrochemical plants
- Experience implementing projects with Refining and Petrochemical companies
- Field experience with instrumentation including transmitters, analyzers, control valves, on-off valves
- Must be comfortable working with end users or EPCs
- Experience in delivering FEED studies
- Experience implementing both grass-roots and control system upgrade projects
- Experience executing both Fixed Price and Reimbursable projects
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to build and sustain customer relationships
- Ability to organize work, with good attention to detail
- Must convey a professional image with customers
- Must be comfortable in plant sites, and possess the ability to negotiate staircases, ladders, scaffolding, catwalks, and recognize various refinery/chemical plant hazards
- Chemical, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering degree preferred.
- Ability to develop proposals and quote projects
- Experience in control system modernization projects
- Experience in hot cutover planning and commissioning
- Experience in startup of refining/chemical/pharmaceutical projects.
- Experience engineering multi-discipline automation projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Experience and ability to design and implement complex and/or standard engineering solutions, (i.e. Engineering, Construction, Infrastructure, Database Configuration) to successful completion and within budgeted time and cost constraints.
- Proficiency in personal computer desktop applications including word processors, spreadsheets, presentation packages, databases, and other specialized applications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft networking and/or Cisco networks.
- Ability to travel to client locations up to 50% of the time.
www.emerson.com/careers in order to be considered for an interview.Work Authorization
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire. Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to [email protected] About Emerson
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goalto create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what youll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, were changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether youre an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, youll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.