Croda Inc – New Castle, DE
Croda is seeking a Lead Engineer Chemical Process for our Atlas Point manufacturing site in New Castle, DE. The Lead Enginerer - Chemical Process will work with the manufacturing team to provide technical support for the safe and efficient operation of site manufacturing processes and equipment. Responsibilities include monitoring product quality levels and process performance and developing systems for continuous improvement in these areas. Provides backfilling for the Unit Supervisor as needed.
Key Responsibilities of the Lead Engineer Chemical Process
- On a daily basis, monitor, analyze, and report on assigned unit performance in the areas of process safety & environmental, process performance, product quality, yields, and productivity. Champion improvement activities in these areas.
- Conduct troubleshooting investigations and routine audits of equipment, processes and materials to eliminate bottlenecks.
- Analyze material variances and lead in eliminating variances.
- Author primary product processing instructions.
- Assist in establishing manufacturing standards, monitoring performance and analyzing deviations.
- Support training endeavors for operators, supervisors and management.
- Provide technical information for process hazard reviews. Participate in hazard reviews.
- Keep abreast of technical developments and make recommendations to management.
- Manage capital projects as required.
- Provide scope documents for process improvement and capital expenditure requests in cooperation with site engineering.
- Bridge the process of capex implementation from project engineering to operations. Ensure completeness of hazard reviews, drawings, and procedures. Develop and execute a process/equipment start-up plan and execute. Summarize completion with remaining gaps for proper handover to daily process operations.
- Participate in process hazard reviews for new capital projects
- Assist in introducing new product introductions (NPIs) to areas of responsibility.
- Complete required NPI roles including entry of ERP system BOMs and routings.
- Provide backup for Unit Supervisor position
- Generates appropriate supervisor notes to operators
- Generates process orders for scheduled products
- Provide backup for other department personnel as necessary.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- BS in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 5-10 years chemical processing experience.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to walk, sit and/or stand for a minimum of 8 hours per day.
- May be required to move throughout production areas on uneven surfaces, climb stairs and be exposed to airborne substances, outside temperatures/weather.