Lead Software Engineer, Build, Developer Infrastructure
Job Id : 3869
Jobtitle : Lead Software Engineer, Build, Developer Infrastructure
Location : Detroit, MI,US
Company Name : Argo
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $80,000 - $100,000 YEAR
Job type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2019-08-12
Required Skills : C++ Language
Benefits : No benefits are available
- Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
- We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
- As the foundation of Argo AI engineering, the Developer Infrastructure (Dev Infra) team is poised to scale the ever-growing engineering practice and to build the most productive engineering team in the world. We build the infrastructure and tooling that touch all phases and all aspects of software development: from source management to deploying to individual autonomous vehicles roaming around different cities, from distributed building/testing to orchestrating container based integration tests in the cloud, from customizing and installing OSs and firmware to building CLI and web based applications.
- At Dev Infra, you will get to work with C++, Python, Java, Go, Typescript, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Jenkins, SaltStack, Linux, embedded systems, etc. Our team is impactful and high-leverage: we make the entire engineering organization more productive. You will have visibility into every other engineering team and their systems, and you'll engage in helping and mentoring them.
- The Build team is responsible for the end-to-end pipeline of turning source code into binaries, during which we strive for raising the quality bar via static code analysis, automated tests, and code review process, managing compile and runtime dependencies, optimizing the build speed of a fast-growing polyglot code base.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of 4 to 6 people focused on Build system and CI
- Contribute to our SCM/Code Review/Build/Test/CI systems, the largest distributed system at Argo AI
- Collaborate with our customers (other Argo AI engineers) to understand their needs and ensure our team focuses on the highest-impact problems
- Write tools to provide fast, robust builds and tests across our entire tech stack
- Build the next generation of Build/CI infra that supports thousands of engineers and hundreds of thousands builds every day
- Create tools to monitor, analyze and report metrics on code quality and engineering practice
- Open source your work, describe it in blog posts, and talk about it at conferences
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Good leadership and mentoring skills
- Build system expertise: worked on Build System (e.g. Bazel, cmake, ninja) of large scale C++ code base, understands dependency management, experience in improving build performance.
- C++ language expertise: passionate about software quality and tooling
- CI expertise: setting up modern build and CI pipeline (e.g. Jenkins, JenkinsX, TeamCity, GitLab) for hundreds of engineers
- Quality expertise: who worked on test library / framework, passionate about software quality and test automation. Expertise in Static Code Analysis (SCA), code coverage, integration testing, code health, etc
- Passion about automation, efficiency, quality, and developer happiness!
- Familiar with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCE, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes, especially for running GPU workloads
- Experience with Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Terraform, etc
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines. Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup