Job ID : 15084
Job Title : Lead Software Engineer
Location : Reston, VA
Company Name : US Tech Solutions Inc.
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $82,000 - $116,000 per year
Job Type : Contractor
Posted on: 2020-08-07
Required Skills : Agile, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon EC2, Amazon RDS, Amazon Route 53
Benefits : No benefits are available
As a Lead Software Engineer, the ideal candidate will have designed, developed, unit tested, implemented and documented solutions that include not only the code to support business functionality, but also the underlying infrastructure required to run that code and the systems required to deploy it. The candidate will have also standardized and tuned the patterns and components in a complex system. They should also possess the vision and communication skills to help the team move the systems into the future. The candidate will also possess technical skills and experience in the virtual infrastructure domain, specifically Amazon Web Services. The preferred candidate would also have knowledge and experience with continuous delivery systems.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement standards, patterns, and processes which establish consistency across enterprise data, reduce risk, and promote efficiencies in support of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Develop and implement solutions, based on that set of standards, patterns and processes
- Define and communicate best practices for modeling, storing, and moving data to support cloud applications
- Design and develop solutions to move/replicate data from an in-house database to AWS data store
- Mentor development team members on data best practices and cloud technologies
- Develop full stack AWS Cloud solutions (with emphasis on Data) and continuous delivery frameworks that improve the ability of the IT delivery teams to efficiently deliver solutions with quality.
- Write complex code, building infrastructure as code, work with “cloud” based environments, and build the supporting automated toolsets to test and deploy the systems they develop.
- Take responsibility for the quality of their work; will develop and implement a set of quality criteria and the associated validation method to ensure that any deliverable meets the expected quality levels of our customers, use quality management to ensure quality levels are maintained, seek new approaches and techniques to improve quality levels, employ reviews and observations to maintain the quality and continuous improvement process, and analyze the impact of quality control and quality assurance on project performance.
- Use metrics to establish the feasibility of new initiatives and develop plans, including budget, sequencing, and time frames.
- Actively review their own and the team’s work processes and implements improvements seen from other teams or in the industry to drive continuous improvement of the team’s efficiency, speed, and quality
- The candidate will also take responsibility for creating design specifications, unit testing, and preparing technical documentation. The design may include understanding and documenting “current state” implementation
- Ensure procedures and methods are established and adhered to, to operate in PROD as well as to share information with customers and cross-functional team members.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS.
- 7+ years of experience in software systems, programming, database development, and infrastructure development and administration
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience with full-stack development.
- 3+ years hands-on with AWS Lambda, SNS/SQS, S3, IAM, CloudWatch, EC2, RDS and DynamoDB, AWS CLI, Step Function, Kibana
- Fluency with CI/CD toolsets such as Jenkins, Ansible, CloudFormation, BitBucket
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments simultaneously and effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to work independently and within Agile teams. Scrum Team Member attitude – willingness to support the team to be successful in any area necessary
- Demonstrated experience in leading and mentoring technical staff in the development and usage of cloud technology and solutions
- Working knowledge of AWS Serverless architecture
- Working knowledge of distributed architectural design patterns
- Strong and evolving competence in several programming languages and technologies, working knowledge of multiple tools sets, technologies and implementation environments
- Ability to use or learn: KMS, ALB/ELB, Route 53, VPC
- Expertise in the knowledge of programming languages, relational databases, and NoSQL databases
- Experience building infrastructure as code using AWS CloudFormation or similar scripting techniques
- Familiarity with monitoring tool suites like Kibana, NewRelic, DataDog, SumoLogic, and Nagios
- Strong practical Linux based systems administration skills and scripting experience in a Cloud-based environment
- AWS certificate/s is/are a plus
- Experience with automated testing tools (i.e. selenium, Cucumber) is a plus
- Experience with Agile Scrum practice a plus