Lead Software Engineer
KMM Technologies – Reston, VA
OverviewPosition : Lead AWS Full-Stack Developer
Location : Reston, VA
Duration : Long Term ContractJob Description:
As a Lead AWS Full-Stack Developer, the ideal candidate will have designed, developed, unit tested, implemented and documented solutions that include not only the code to supports business functionality, but also the underlying infrastructure required to run that code and the systems required to deploy it. The candidate should also possess technical skills and experience with Amazon Web Services. The preferred candidate would also have knowledge and experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery systems.
The candidate will report to the Senior Director and work within an agile application team that develops and maintains highly visible and critical applications. The candidate will lead by interacting with application, domain and solution architects, delivery leads and all levels of software engineers to establish and enforce application technology standards, design patterns, process, development, and deployment.
The candidate will have responsibility to design, implement, unit test, document and maintain complex technical software solutions in support of the application development and QA processes. Additionally, you will be expected to ensure communications and relationships with customers and cross-team members are professional and meet expectations.What you will do:
- Lead the development and implementation of solutions, based on a set of standards, patterns and processes which establish consistency across the enterprise data, reduce risk, and promote efficiencies in support of the organizations goals and objectives.
- Develop AWS full stack solutions and continuous delivery frameworks that improve the ability of the CB IT delivery teams to efficiently deliver secure solutions with quality.
- Responsible from coordinating and developing the continuous integration for the application source code and constantly seeking to enhance the continuous integration methods of the team to ensure extremely high quality of code.
- Seek out learning of new technologies and becomes a mentor to more junior team members.
- Provide feedback on the teams performance and challenges that the team is facing.
- Work with other teams engineers, enterprise architects to build a streamlined solution for internal and external integration requirements
- Write complex code, building infrastructure as code, work with immutable cloud based environments, and build the supporting automated toolsets to test and deploy the systems they develop.
- Responsible for the quality of their work; will develop and implement a set of quality criteria and the associated validation method to ensure that any deliverable meets the expected quality levels of our customers, use quality management to ensure quality levels are maintained, seek new approaches and techniques to improve quality levels, employ reviews and observations to maintain the quality and continuous improvement process, and analyze the impact of quality control and quality assurance on project performance.
- Use metrics to establish feasibility of new initiatives and develop plans, including budget, sequencing and time frames.
- Actively review their own and the teams work processes and implements improvements seen from other teams or in industry to drive continuous improvement of the teams efficiency, speed, and quality.
- The candidate will also take responsibility for creating design specifications, unit testing, and preparing technical documentation.
- A Masters degree preferred in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS.
- 10 - 12 years of experience in software systems, programming, database development, and infrastructure development and administration.
- Minimum 7 years demonstrated experience with full stack development.
- 8+ years demonstrated experience with AWS cloud supported programming languages like Java, Node JS, or Python development.
- 2+ years hands-on with AWS Lambda, SNS/SQS, S3, IAM, CloudWatch, EC2, RDS and DynamoDB, AWS CLI, Node JS, API gateway.
- Ability to use or learn: KMS, ALB/ELB, Route 53, Docker Containers, MFA.
- Fluency with CI/CD toolsets such as: AWS code build, code deploy and code pipeline, Jenkins, CloudFormation, BitBucket, Artifactory.
- Working knowledge of distributed architectural design patterns.
- Strong and evolving competence in several programming languages and technologies, working knowledge of multiple tools sets, technologies and implementation environments.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skill. Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments simultaneously and effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
Thanks & Regards...Appadwedula SandeepTalent Acquisition SpecialistKMM Technologies, Inc.
ISO 9001:2008, WOSB, SBA 8(A), NMSDC & VA SWaM CertifiedTel: (240) 800 0032 | Fax: (866) 856 3684Sandeep@kmmtechnologies.comwww.kmmtechnologies.com