Elementary School Teaching/Early Childhood
Great Start Readiness Program
Open Until Filled
Kent ISD - website VACANCY NOTICE
Job Title: Lead Teacher Great Start Readiness Program
2019-20 School Year
Prepare students for kindergarten in a safe and nurturing preschool environment.
- Valid Michigan teaching certificate and an Early Childhood Education (ZA) or Early Childhood-General and Special Education (ZS) endorsement;
- OR Bachelors degree in early childhood education or child development with a specialization in preschool teaching. The transcript will document a major, rather than a minor, in child development or early childhood education.
- Teaching experience with at-risk children preferred.
- Certification of CPR and First Aid required by State Licensing preferred.
- Experience working with early childhood curriculum preferred.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to equity, social justice and inclusion in all practices and position responsibilities. Demonstrates the ability to examine the impact of education inequities in student achievement outcomes as it aligns with race, ethnicity, and socio-economic status.
1. Develop high-quality weekly lesson plans with fidelity to the Connect4Learning curriculum.
2. Lead/facilitate developmentally appropriate learning activities for all parts of the preschool day.
3. Gather child assessment data to plan for individualized instruction.
4. Attend home visits, conferences, family events/advisory meetings, and open houses.
5. Actively participate in all planned professional development and PLCs.
6. Maintain child files.
7. Ensure compliance with all licensing standards.
8. Maintain confidentiality
9. Develop positive partnerships with families and other staff members.
10. Guide and collaborate with associate teacher.
11. Responsible for daily operation of the program.
12. Responsible for daily operation of the program.
13. Knowledge and experience working with preschool, early elementary, and/or early childhood education.
14. Ability to plan, prepare, and carry out engaging educational activities that promote the social-emotional, academic, and physical development of the whole child.
15. Ability to establish and maintain a safe and secure learning environment.
16. Ability to communicate effectively with young children and their families.
17. Display sensitivity in meeting the needs of a diverse population of children and families.
18. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
19. Ability to apply common sense understanding and learned skills while interacting with students and adults.
20. Ability to develop effective working relationships with students, staff, and the school community.
21. Demonstrate self-directedness and initiative when given a variety of tasks and responsibilities.
22. Frequently stand, walk, sit, talk and hear.
23. Regularly reach with hands and arms.
24. Regularly sit on the floor with children for extended periods of time.
25. Regularly get up and down from the floor.
26. Regularly lift up to 40-70 pounds.
27. Occasionally climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
28. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
29. The employee needs to be able to tell where a sound is coming from and hear in a noisy environment.
30. Employee must possess physical ability sufficient to employ physical intervention strategies when necessary, i.e. non-violent crisis intervention techniques.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Salary: $31,756 per year, per Master Agreement
Benefits: Excellent benefit package includes medical, dental, vision; sick and personal days; State of Michigan School Employment retirement program
Posting Dates: 06/21/2019 until filled
Distribution: External & Internal
To Apply: Kent Intermediate School District manages employment applications online. No hardcopy applications/resumes will be accepted for this position.
- Applications must be completed online at www.applitrack.com/kent/onlineapp
- Please note, due to the large number of applications, we are unable to attend to e-mail or telephone inquiries on application status.
- All candidates will be timely notified regarding their application status.
The final candidate for this position will be required (at their cost) to furnish Kent Intermediate School District with a current Michigan State Police and FBI criminal records LiveScan check prior to our recommendation to hire.
It is the policy of the Kent ISD School Board that no student, staff member or candidate for any position in the District shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, ancestry, age, gender/sex, sexual orientation, marital status, height, weight, veteran status, political belief or physical/mental disability which does not impair their ability to perform adequately in the individual s particular position or activity, excluded from participation in, denied the benefit of, or to be subjected to discrimination in any program or activity for which the Kent ISD School Board is responsible for or receives financial assistance from the U.S. Department of Education. The Coordinator for Title IX, Section 504, the Age Discrimination Act and Title II is: Coni Sullivan, Esq., Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources and Legal Services.