The Learning Manager collaborates with our business and HR leadership to identify talent development needs, priorities and outcomes that directly impact business success. In partnership with our learning design and delivery specialists, this individual is accountable to ensure we deliver effective, best-in-class learning curricula and programs.
A day in the life
- Develops collaborative relationships and functions as learning consultant and adviser to our HR Business Partners, key business leaders, subject matter experts and Learning resources.
- Identifies performance improvement opportunities, recommends solutions for closing knowledge or performance gaps.
- Leads teams of learning specialists in the development, implementation and evaluation of learning solutions.
- Coaches and develops staff in partnership with business leaders on current best practices associated with learning theories, delivery modalities (e.g. blending learning, micro- and social learning) and instructional design approaches.
- Applies decision making skills, creativity, and expertise in learning theory to the co-development and implementation efforts that support our business people strategies.
- Works closely with the Human Resources Business Partners to support various organizational effectiveness programs and organizational change initiatives.
- Manages a book of work and reports portfolio- and initiative-level progress to key stakeholders.
- Facilitates training including instruction, feedback, development plans, and coaching.
You own this if you have
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience required. CPLP preferred.
- Must be able to lead with influence and demonstrate an ability to correlate learning solutions to measurable business outcomes. Experience in leading and managing learning programs preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, project and change management skills.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication, and strong interpersonal skills. Ability to build strong relationship with peers and leadership.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in leadership roles in Learning and/or Human Resources.
Weve got you covered
Our employees are our most important asset and thats reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Time Off
- Merchandise Discount
- Lifework / EAP resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. Its not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com .
2019 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.