Boston Properties, Inc. – Boston, MA
Primary Purpose of Position:
Maintain integrity of the J.D. Edwards accounting database to reflect all executed lease documents in order to
generate monthly recurring billing and reflect tenant account and financial information throughout the organization
- Analyze newly executed leases and agreements received from respective regional offices and process resulting additions and modifications in J.D. Edwards and record in Lease Tracking Database.
- Manage accounting controls concerning the monthly commencement and expiration of applicable lease transactions, including confirmation of lease commencement and associated recurring billing charges and expiration through coordination with respective regional personnel.
- Monitor terms and associated billings for tenants in month-to-month and holdover status.
- Generate monthly Recurring Billing charges and perform weekly Catch-up Billings for as-needed changes.
- Generate FASB-13 straight-line rent adjustments for newly executed leases on development and in-service properties in coordination with Property Accounting.
- Direct FASB regenerations for existing leases to Property Accountant and Regional FASB Coordinator.
- Identify Consumer Price Index (CPI) provisions provided for in new or existing executed agreements, work with Property Accountant to facilitate recurring billing changes as newly CPI indexes are published, communicate resulting changes to tenants and resolve any potential questions or disputes.
- Gather terms associated with Sublease Agreements and create accounts in JDE associated with the parent company where accounts are used in areas such as Visitor Pre-clearance and the work order system, Angus.
- Direct collection and billing of annual estimated expense recovery billings provided by Property Accounting, validate records and perform upload of data into J.D. Edwards.
- Perform analysis of quarterly leasing activity and prepare quarterly reports for incorporation into the company s financial supplemental package including change in gross and net rent, weighted free rent term, weighted average remaining lease term, transaction cost, and tenant industry designation.
- Produce and review departmental monthly audit and integrity reports in order to resolve discrepancies.
- Prepare quarterly Executed Deals Summary for use in company Board Package and Supplemental.
- Partner with Financial Systems Project Manager to resolve potential software discrepancies in mainly J.D. Edwards, Lease Tracking and Rent Roll.
- Schedule and conduct quarterly meetings with Property Accounting to review items in Lease Tracking Database and coordinate formal training sessions periodically.
- Research and respond to lease related questions from Property Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Finance & Planning, Leasing, Legal and Property Management, in addition to working with Regional Lease Administrator to resolve issues and answer inquiries.
- Participate in conference calls with Oracle and test enhancements prior to implementation.
- Support user access of J.D. Edwards Property Management System
- Conduct ongoing 404 compliance testing.
- Perform day-to-day requests and special projects as directed by the VP, Finance & Planning.
- Participate in monthly meetings to review outstanding items within the Lease Tracking Database.
Requirements and Qualifications:
BA/BS degree required with a concentration in Accounting preferred.
- A minimum of two years related experience in the real estate industry and hands-on experience in interpreting lease agreements and setting up billing schedules required, preferably in the commercial office sector.
- Thorough understanding of commercial real estate stacking plan concepts.
- Solid computer skills with proficiency in J.D. Edwards Property Management Software (or a comparable package), MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Access (or a similar database application) required.
- Proficiency in Crystal Enterprise (or a comparable report-writing software) desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated service orientation.
- Detail-oriented with solid problem-solving skills.
- Results-oriented with a desire to learn and support new products and technologies.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to set priorities, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and achieve results as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively interface with all departments of the company and to represent the Lease Analysis department in a highly professional manner.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, as well as solid math and analytical skills.
- Adaptability to changing demands.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed sitting, such as answering the phone and operation of a computer.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed standing, such as operation of a photocopier and a fax machine.
- Involves movement between departments to facilitate workflow.
Internal and External Contacts:
- Interact and work closely with all Regional Lease Administration Departments, Regional Leasing Departments and Regional Property Management Departments as well as Property Accounting, Finance, Accounts Receivable, Information Systems and outside audit firm.
- This position reports directly to the Manager, Corporate Lease Administration, who provides supervision and guidance, and coordinates, evaluates and monitors work performance on a periodic basis.