Hamilton Point – Cordova, TN
We are currently looking for a Leasing Consultant for our 512 unit community in Cordova, TN. If you are an experienced Leasing Consultant with a desire for a career with a growing company, wed like to hear from you.
The Leasing Consultant is responsible for coordinating all activities related to apartment rentals, move-ins and moveouts, and lease renewals. This position is also responsible for interacting directly with prospective and current residents to achieve maximum occupancy and ensure resident retention.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Generates and handles traffic, qualifies prospective residents, leases apartments, prepares lease documentation, and completes move-in paperwork and procedures.
- Ensures model apartments are in touring condition.
- Orients prospective and current residents to the property.
- Processes renewal paperwork and ensures documentation is delivered to current residents on a monthly basis.
- Maintains accurate and detailed records of traffic activity by entering applicable information into the computer.
- Follows up with all prospective residents via phone, mail or email.
- Converts phone traffic into scheduled appointments with prospective residents in order to tour the community.
- Ensures excellent customer service to prospective and current tenants, and promotes a quality living experience for all residents.
- Inspects apartments prior to resident move-ins and ensures apartments are in move-in condition by coordinating move-in/out needs and schedules with maintenance team.
- Creates and maintains confidential resident files, which includes reviewing move-in paperwork with new residents.
- Completes weekly leasing reports in accurate and timely fashion.
- Ensures all open and close procedures are completed daily.
- Assists with ongoing resident relations throughout occupants tenancy by ensuring occupants requests are responded to promptly and accurately.
- Responsible for shopping competitive properties.
- Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness, and alerts Maintenance to items that need to be repaired.
- Assists with processing work order requests for residents and ensures work is completed in a timely manner.
- Supports management by providing clerical support such as answering phone calls, filing, and processing property invoices, as needed.
- May be asked to assist with planning and implementing resident activities in order to increase resident retention.
- Participates in Company-provided training such as fair housing, safety, non-discrimination, and harassment prevention.
- Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate in English.
- Ability to use a personal computer and has working knowledge of email, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Yardi or other types of on-site accounting software.
- Ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, 10-key, and key track system.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical and accounting functions.
- Ability to read and comprehend reports.
- Comprehension of federal fair housing laws and any applicable local housing provisions.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to cope with and defuse situations involving angry or difficult people.
- Ability to close a sale.
- Ability to set and meet goals.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and creativity in a variety of situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to drive an automobile.
- Current driver license and automobile insurance.
- Real estate license (if required by state).
- Other licenses and/or certifications as required by state law.
- Must maintain professional appearance and comply with prescribed uniform policy.
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis; Overtime may be required for this position.
- Ability to work weekends and non-traditional holidays.
- Must be available to work on-call or when needed due to staffing shortages.
- Some travel may be required.
- Physical Demands
- Standing, walking, and/or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Frequent climbing, reaching, use of fingers, handling, talking, and hearing.
- Moderate crouching and lifting.
- Sustains substantially recurring movement to fingers, hands, wrists, legs, and feet.
- Pronounced visual acuity (near and far) and field of vision.
- Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships.
- Ability to identify and distinguish color.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Rare to moderate proximity to moving, mechanical parts.
- Ability to compare, copy, compute, compile, analyze, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate, and communicate.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
- Ability to work under moderate to close supervision.
- Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions (temperatures may vary depending on the weather in the different regions).
- Potential exposure to noise, vibrations, atmospheric conditions, as well as working in confined or restricted spaces.
- Potential exposure to communicable diseases through frequent contact with public.
- Possible exposure to short-tempered or aggressive people.
- Potential exposure to chemicals, electrical shock, heights, mechanical parts or machines, fire, and radiation.
Job Type: Full-time
- Leasing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Yardi: 1 year (Preferred)