Legal Administrative Supervisor
On Call Counsel – New York, NY
Our client, an Am Law 100 firm with offices nationally and internationally, is seeking a Legal Administrative Supervisor to join its New York office for a full-time perm position.
The ideal Administrative Supervisor will have at least 6 years of experience in a professional services environment and 2 years of supervisory experience. The Administrative Supervisor will be responsible for supervising the Legal Secretaries and Legal Support Assistants. The Administrative Supervisor will monitor assignments, redistribute work as necessary, ensure attorney needs are being met, and communicate with the Manager of Legal Support Resources regarding day-to-day workflow. This will be an excellent opportunity for an Administrative Supervisor to assume significant responsibility, join a well-established international Law firm, and gain further experience while adding value to a proven law firm. Compensation commensurate with experience.
If you are a Legal Administrative Supervisor with at least 6 years of experience in a professional services environment, 2 years of supervisory experience, and you have the requisite qualifications, please submit a resume which highlights your relevant experience. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Monitoring day-to-day workflow of secretaries and Legal Support Assistants
- Coordinating efforts of all secretaries and assistants (including redistribution of work among desks as needed)
- Advising attorneys of absences and backup plans in secretary or assistants absence
- Coordinating directly with attorneys for short absences, such as lunch hour, doctors appointments, etc.
- Consulting regularly with attorneys to determine whether their needs are being met on a regular and continuing basis
- Acting as a liaison between secretaries and assistants, attorneys and the Manager of Legal Support Services on employee relations issues
- Following-up on performance issues on a regular basis and keep documentation current
- Assessing quality of work performed and prepare/deliver annual evaluations
- Overseeing temporary/floater secretaries assigned to desks
- Monitoring attendance/punctuality
- Providing on-the-spot coaching when needed
- Assisting with technical issues
- Evaluating desk assignments regularly to ensure an equitable distribution of work and level of service; make recommendations for needed adjustments
- Monitoring the floor environment (i.e. file allocation, maintenance/condition of desks and work areas, etc.)
- Assisting in the coordination of departmental moves (phone orders, file allocation, communication to secretaries, coverage changes)
- Enforcing existing procedures and make recommendations to increase efficiency and service levels
- Interviewing new secretaries and assistants as needed and closely follow performance of new hires
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree required
- 6+ years of experience in a professional services environment
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with different personalities
- Ability to work well under pressure and resolve problems quickly
- Ability to take initiative and follow through on all tasks
- Ability to respond quickly and accurately to all requests and assignments
- Work overtime when necessary
Job Type: Full-time