Job Id : 5538
Jobtitle : Linux Admin
Location : Martinsville, VA
Company Name : Ameritech Global
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $19,400 - $87,600 YEAR
Job type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2019-10-15
Required Skills : CentOS, Redhat, Azure, Google Cloud, Directory Service, VLAN, Routing
Benefits : No benefits are available
- Responsible for supporting and maintaining enterprise level Linux web application hosting environments.
- Responsible for managing major portions of the mission critical hosting service center's production, test and development infrastructure with a focus on Linux systems administration.
- Responsible for managing and mitigating Linux systems' security alerts and monitoring all system logs.
- Responsible for supporting server deployments and owning the automated build processes including performance tuning.
- Responsible for researching and recommending innovative, automated approaches for system administration tasks that leverage resources and provide economies of scale.
- Responsible for managing, maintaining, and improving shell scripts and object-oriented programs (e.g., bash, ksh, csh, python, Perl, Java, etc.).
- Responsible for ensuring compatibility and interoperability of IT systems.
- Responsible for collaborating on system administration duties within the team and with external enterprise web hosting environments, to include but not limited to other system engineers or administrators, network engineers, and IT security.
- Responsible for documenting system operations to enable knowledge transfer across the team.
- Responsible for reviewing and analyzing the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and developing strategies for improving or further leveraging those systems.
- Responsible for performing daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs, such as backups.
- Responsible for performing Linux operating system and third-party tool Patch Management.
- Responsible for monitoring server software vendors for available patches.
- Responsible for supporting Big Data tools including a Hadoop cluster and HP Vertica.
- Responsible for installing, upgrading, managing, and maintaining Atlassian tools including JIRA, Confluence, Crowd, Bitbucket, Fisheye/Crucible and others.
- Responsible for installing, upgrading, managing and maintaining continuous integration platform tools, to include Nexus and SonarQube.
- Responsible for performing Software Release Management functions, ensuring that software created in a development environment is migrated properly to test and production platforms.
- Responsible for ensuring project deliverables are completed accurately and on time.
- Responsible for escalating issues, problems, risks, and constraints to the appropriate levels for clarification and resolution.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of new and emerging technologies, to include Linux server management and support within the Amazon Web Services platform.
- Responsible for troubleshooting independently and collaboratively, while communicating to team members solutions.
- Responsible for client interactions as required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related field
- 7+ years of experience in information technology supporting hosted database enabled web applications
- 5+ years of advanced Red Hat Linux operating system support experience, including strong support of Web applications
- 5+ years of Linux database support experience, including support of MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL and similar tools
- 2+ years of administrating and supporting Atlassian tools including JIRA, Confluence, Crowd, Bitbucket, Fisheye/Crucible and others
- 2+ years of administrating and supporting Nexus and SonarQube
- 5+ years of experience working in heterogeneous environments including Linux, UNIX and Windows servers
- 5+ years of experience with scripting and object-oriented programs (e.g., PowerShell, Visual Basic, .NET, bash, Perl, Java, and other technologies)
- 3+ years of detailed knowledge of networking and related facility dependencies
- Ability to engineer and develop Cloud-based environments in AWS "as code" using relevant scripting languages (AWS certification is a plus)
- Possess hands-on experience with public Cloud automation tools with scripting experience, to include CFn, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, and Jenkins; other tools are a plus
- Experience with two or more programming languages (compiled or scripting languages)
- The successful candidate will have solid expertise in Linux Administration supporting apache, tomcat and other web servers; applying configuration changes, performing patch management, installing and upgrading a variety of applications
- Advanced understanding of directory services (AD and LDAP)
- Understanding of Networking (Firewalls, Routing, VLAN, Trunking)
- Must be able to use MS Project, MS Office, Visio, and other products to produce content and communicate with LMI leadership and clients.
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated Cloud concepts to LMI leadership and customers
- Ability to attain a Government clearance up to and including Secret, for which you must be a US Citizen
- CentOS operating system versions 6, 7 or 8
- Cloud platforms Azure, Google, IBM (certifications are a plus)
- Container technologies Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes, etc.
- ITSM tools ServiceNow, Remedy, etc.
- SaaS tools CrowdStrike, Cloudcheckr, CloudCenter, Accelerite Rovius CP, etc.
- Virtualization technologies and migrations VMWare, Hyper-V, KVM, etc.
- Database platforms Oracle, MS SQL
- Storage technologies SAN and NAS
- Security standards and practices
- Solid skills in using SharePoint
dministrator, infrastructure, ip, maintenance, network administrator, router, scom sccm, server, system center operations manager, tcp