A RE Management Corp – Great Neck, NY
Real Estate Management Company on Long Island is looking for a paralegal/legal assistant to join their Compliance Department. This is an incredible opportunity for an extremely organized individual that thrives in a fast paced environment that requires multi-tasking, the ability to time manage and transition from task to task with ease. Candidates must be self-driven, reliable, willing to learn and be resourceful. Strong computer skills, proficient writing skills and strong communication skills are a must.
Day to day duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring real estate portfolio is in compliance with Federal, State and Local compliance obligations including but not limited to lead, asbestos, elevators, boilers, faade, construction/alterations.
- Representing the companys interest in the challenges of dealing with agencies such as Department of Environmental Protection, Department of Buildings, Department of Sanitation, Environmental Control Board, Department of Transportation, Department of Health, Department of Housing Preservation and Development, and Fire Department.
- Depending on interest and workload, there may also work related to negotiation of commercial leases, rent regulatory proceedings and general litigation.
- Handling agency issued violations from inception to completion: researching applicable laws and defenses, coordinate with property managers and maintenance to ensure compliance with cited conditions, attend administrative hearings, and appealing unfavorable decisions (if applicable).
- Coordinate with property managers to avoid reissuance of violations and ensure they are kept abreast of compliance matters at their respective buildings.
Requirements, Knowledge & Experience
- 2+ years of working experience
- Energetic, Personable & able to prioritize assigned duties
- Strong literacy in MS computer programs
- fluent in a second language is a PLUS
- Excellent communication skills (written reports/analysis and oral presentation).GREAT exposure within a super-fast paced environment Serious applicants only!
- You will also work with the legal dept. and office manager on various special projects as needed
This position is for our Great Neck (Nassau County) office.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paralegal: 3 years (Preferred)