Local Truck Driver (CDL)/Warehouse Associate
Studco Building Systems – Webster, NY
The Truck Driver and Dispatch Assistant will be a truck driver with a CDL Class A. When there are not any loads to deliver then this driver will be required to work in the warehouse at Studco headquarters in Webster NY and pack orders and assist the dispatch team with other tasks as required.
This is a first shift position, Monday -Friday.
KEY EFFECTIVENESS AREAS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver Goods in a timely and safe manner when required
- When not delivering goods, assist dispatch team in packing orders and loading trucks
- Check all paperwork to ensure that all product is accounted for and in good condition.
- Check all straps and loading to ensure product is safe.
- Operate at all times in accordance with the Studco Truck Driver Safety Procedure
- Maintain the cleanliness of Studco Vehicles to uphold the company image
- Understand and maintain confidentiality relating to all business activities, especially relating to manufacturing details and customer/ supplier details. Insure employees are doing the same.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Logistics Supervisor
- Wears personal protective equipment in accordance with training guidelines- Includes any uniforms if supplied
Main Activities and Performance standards:
- Work as a team with the Dispatch department to do whatever is needed.
- The Truck Driver is the face of our company Support and Sell the company to all customers and workers wherever possible
- Manage time in an effective manner.
- Confidentiality is paramount.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend instructions, correspondence & memos
- Education High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
The incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the 2nd shift Supervisor. Must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- To be honest and trustworthy
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.