Valiant Integrated Services is seeking On-Call Locksmiths with recent leadership or past working experience with facilities maintenance and operations supporting military installation to support our operations and maintenance requirements at Fort Gordon, Georgia and the surrounding area.
- The On-Call Locksmiths under general supervision, installs, repairs, modifies and opens a variety of locking mechanisms found on doors, desks, compartments, mobile equipment, safes and vaults by performing the following essential functions:
- Examines locking mechanism and installs new unit or disassembles unit and replaces worn tumblers, springs and other parts or repairs them by filing, drilling, chiseling and grinding.
- Opens door locks by moving lock pick in cylinder or opens safe locks by listening to lock sounds or by drilling.
- Makes new or duplicate keys, using key cutting machines. Changes combination by inserting new or repaired tumbler into lock. May keep records of facility s locks and keys.
- Observe and follow all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Safety: Valiant Integrated Services enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
- Quality: Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Valiant integrated Services Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Valiant Integrated Services Quality System documents and customer contracts. Employees must read and understand their Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
- A minimum of a High School degree or equivalent. Experience beyond the minimum requirements may substitute
- 2 Years experience with Magazine Security, X-07, 08, 09 and 10 locking devices, containers, and safes.
- U.S. DoD Lock Program certified in X-07, 08, 09, and 10 safe locks.
- Must maintain a valid state driver license.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be able to drive/walk/travel to various locations within the facility and satellite locations
- Must be able to work at a computer station for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to read write and communicate fluently in English
- Prior military service desired but not required.
DIRECT REPORTS: No
INTEGRITY - Honesty, Trust and Respect in every situation
EXCELLENCE - Performance, Effectiveness, Quality, and Safety in everything we do
INNOVATION - Embracing new ideas and best practice in every service that we provide
Valiant Integrated Services is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.