Pittsburgh Logistics Services – Jacksonville, FL
Summary of essential job functions
- Booking & scheduling all shipments within the assigned Account Executive / team.
- Understand metrics that lead to team profitability including call center statistics, revenue & net revenue, variance to target, variance to max, load counts, etc.
- Direct communication with the Account Executives and Leadership team.
- Identify and solve capacity shortfalls within the team.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge and understanding of various systems, technology, and tools to locate and secure various equipment types for customer shipments.
- Assign carriers to move shipments based on shipment information.
- Profitability: Choose carriers based on service levels and profitability targets.
- Negotiate carrier rates (under targets).
- Ensure all loads are covered that are expected to ship each day.
- Assist with the training and development of all new logistics coordinators and AETs through shadowing, best practice sharing, and technical support
- Other duties as required by business needs or as assigned.
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to work flexible schedule
- Must exhibit the ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to multi-task and understand how to prioritize workload in order of importance.
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Logistics: 1 year (Preferred)