DynCorp International LLC. – Fort Worth, TX
The CBP Program Logistics Manager plans and coordinates the ordering and distribution of aircraft components, parts and accessories across four DI CONUS Regions, Branches and Sites. Manages and coordinates activities of the logistics function in accordance with company policies and procedures. Provides lean logistics support to support mission capable aircraft and overall mission success. Ensures adequate and timely logistics services in a quality manner to support sites. Principal Accountabilities(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract)
- Develops customer service functions, physical distribution warehousing, receiving, inventory management, and transportation strategies.
- Supports, plans and organizes management and operations for successful performance consistent within contractual requirements.
- Provides oversight, initiating, conducting training, and/or supervising the contract supply chain operations
- Implements logistics system policies, and leads in resolution of significant logistical dispute issues.
- Identifies areas of improvement to the logistical process.
- Ensures adequate and timely distribution consistent with good inventory control.
- Manages distribution network functions to achieve proper inventory levels, including warehousing and traffic strategies.
- Manages logistics personnel and activities for assigned sites to best support operations and/or maintenance requirements.
- Collaborates with regional, site, and project leadership, including operations and maintenance management to develop or revise plans, policies, and procedures for logistics support in area of responsibility.
- Pursues optimal performance from assigned resources with consideration of time, cost, and customer (government) objectives.
- Develops and briefs site performance reports, identifies issues, and resolves concerns.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Advanced knowledge of IATA Regulations.
- Knowledge of FAR part 52.245-1 and CPPS certification desirable.
- Project Management knowledge and skill set desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of logistical administration and cost controls.
- Strong analytical skills to oversee logistical operations.
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of logistics processes, applications and distribution systems.
- Proven results dealing with internal and external customer requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of applicable logistics automated systems for the assigned function.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment.
Experience & Education
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in logistics or supply chain management with at least one (1) year in supervision or management of logistics or related field.
- Bachelors degree in logistics, business management, or associated discipline preferred.
- Additional experience/education may be required by contract or assignment.
- Previous experience working on CBP aviation programs desired.
- Must be a US citizen, possess a US Passport and be able to pass a CBP full field five (5) year background investigation and/or a Secret clearance background investigation.
- Valid drivers license.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Activities range from, an office-like environment with extensive sitting demands to a flight line-like environment with extensive climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching, and walking demands.
- May occasionally be required to lift objects whose weight exceeds 30 pounds.
- Special vision abilities to perform this job are close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
- The range of work conditions vary from an office environment where there is little or no physical discomfort to a flight line environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc.
- May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail.
- May be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and electrical shock hazards.
- OCONUS temporary assignments living and working conditions could be remote and uncomfortable.
- Personnel should be aware of deploying on short notice and under adverse conditions.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Logistics / Transportation (Full-time) Job Posting Jun 18, 2019, 1:57:23 AM Unposting Date Ongoing