Northwest Physicians Network is now offering qualified candidates an opportunity to join our team as a LPN Care Coordinator. Our company values innovative problem solvers promote personal and professional growth and provides a supportive working environment that affords all team members a healthy work/life balance.
The Care Coordinator has clinic experience with medically complex adults and children. This position acts as liaison between patients and the healthcare system. The focus of this position is to coordinate continuity of patient care with external healthcare organizations and facilities. To improve outcomes of the overall health of the population and reduce the total cost of care. Through risk stratification tools and assessment identify patients for early intervention related to community discharges, disease management, and ED utilization to coordinate intervention with PCPs and other healthcare workers. The Care Coordinator assists the Clinical teams with setting goals for quality and best practices. Our focus is on finding a team member who is resourceful, highly reliable and has strong problem-solving skills.
Northwest Physicians Network creates the opportunity for independent private practitioners to thrive in Washington State. By providing clinical integration support and data driven quality improvement, we have created a high value delivery network, making it possible for our providers to remain focused squarely on their patients.
Status: Regular, Full-time, FLSA Non-exempt
Base Rate: negotiable d.o.e. + Competitive Benefits
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Assists patients through the healthcare system by acting as a patient advocate and navigator
- Coordinates continuity of patient care with patients and families following hospital admission, discharge and emergency department visits
- Perform medical and social data gathering with patients to drive care goals, referrals and follow up
- Documents all patient care activities appropriately in the care management system
- Facilitates patient education using materials approved by the Clinical Director
- Focuses on member care transitions to assure supporting resources are available either through the members health benefit or other supporting entities
- Coordinates and implements care plan guidelines and monitors care plan progress.
- Identifies and escalates quality of care issues through established channels.
- Identifies high risk factors and service needs that may impact patients outcomes and care planning components and address them appropriately.
- Has the ability to follow individualized and comprehensive care plans that meet the patients needs
- Working knowledge of chronic conditions as appropriate to the scope of the job.
- Working knowledge of the various community resources
- Ability to think creatively to address the patients needs often outside medical/mental health services.
- Identifies patients at high risk for readmission or over utilization based on population data and help coordinate appropriate intervention with care providers
- Conducts discharge assessment on a subset of inpatient stays
- Monitors and conducts outreach on HEDIS gap measures for closure
- Conducts outreach on patient access program for drug prescriptions
- LPN or Associates degree in health care related field
- 2 years experience working in a medical clinical or hospital setting with emphasis on chronic disease management, case management and utilization management
- Licensed Practical Nurse or Medical Assistant-Certified required with current unrestricted Washington State license
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly