Vigor expects all employees to enhance the atmosphere in which they work by living the Vigor Values every day.
Truth: We seek the truth, and we speak the truth
Responsibility: We act on what we know is right
Evolution: We seek mastery, and adapt to a changing world
Love: We care about the people we work with, and the world we live in
A Machinist Helper Performs General duties to support shop production as directed, performing tasks such as material handling, organizing/cleaning and supporting the shops machinists to keep production moving efficiently.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Operating overhead cranes and forklifts to bring material in and out of the shop.
2. Shop cleaning/ maintenance including emptying of chip bins, checking coolant levels, and lubrication of machinery.
3. Deburring, cleaning, and polishing of parts.
4. Assembly of milling fixtures or other components.
5. Use of drill templates and mag drills or drill presses for offline drilling of parts.
6. Assist machinists by performing specific or general duties such as: assisting with holding of material or tools, aid in set up of parts, gather tools or supplies as required.
7. Performs other tasks related to the work and as assigned by the shop supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
1-2 years previous manufacturing experience, particularly as a machinist helper a plus.
Overhead crane experience not required but preferred.
The physical demands for this position require continual standing, walking and using fine motor skills for the operation of tools and machinery. May require some lifting or assistance with heavy equipment. Occasionally requires twisting, turning, bending, climbing, and walking over uneven surfaces. The work is performed inside a shop in which machines are continually running generating varying degrees of noise; the facility may be subject to varying temperatures. Work involves use of chemicals, acids, greases, solvents, petroleum and vapors and fumes.
ESSENTIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
1. Works indoors: Frequently- Works indoors disassembling and reassembling the machinery.
2. Works outdoors: Frequently- Exposed to outdoor weather when moving between shipyard and on-board work site.
3. Safety equipment required: Follow PPE requirements.
4. Other Exposures: Exposed to smoke, acids, degreasing cleaners, fumes, free silica, dust, paints, solvents, oils, grease, epoxy.
5. Operation of equipment, tools, and/or vehicles: Uses hand and power tools, come-a-longs, port-a-power hydraulic jacks, air tools,
Must have the ability to perform the essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others.
Vigor and its wholly owned subsidiaries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veterans, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vigor complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, benefits, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Vigor, LLC - Clackamas, OR
Central Bethany Development - Portland, OR
Redwood Real Estate Administration - Portland, OR
CH2M - Portland, OR
Lightspeed Aviation - Lake Oswego, OR