Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc. – Calabasas, CA
The Mail Room Coordinator manages the day-to-day operations of the incoming and outgoing correspondence and logistics for multiple site locations. The Mail Room Coordinator receives all postal and parcel service deliveries and manages and maintains all logs and databases pertaining to incoming shipments and internal deliveries. The Mail Room Coordinator is tasked with monitoring and implementing the activities and requirements of the mail room, as well as being responsible for ensuring the maintenance, repair, and upkeep for all applicable postage and logistic systems. In addition to overseeing the mail room, the Mail Room Coordinator will provide support to the Facilities Team when requested.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ship and receive packages from parcel services (FedEx, UPS, etc.).
- Track packages from receipt to delivery and provide delivery confirmation for all internal deliveries.
- Travel between all corporate locations to deliver mail and packages daily. Deliver all mail and postal parcels to local USPS station at the end of the day.
- Update and maintain master package database to provide weekly, monthly, and annual reports pertaining to package receipt and internal deliveries (chain of custody).
- Manage the sent and received mails of the organization and be responsible for its safe upkeep and delivery to the concerned authority. Process the outgoing mail on behalf of the departments. Ensure envelopes are sealed and postage is affixed before dispatching.
- Maintain good stock of goods for the mailroom activity such as envelopes, stamps, A4 size paper, and stationary.
- Investigate non-delivery of mail. Research undirected mail and route to proper authority.
- Clean and maintain mailroom supplies and equipment, including ensuring the mail machine has proper postage and supplies.
- Maintain FedEx accounts and address book for all corporate and retail locations and process requests for specialty shipments when requested.
- Assist with preparations for special events occurring at all HQ facilities.
- Maintain paper inventory and stock at multiple printer stations and ensure paper level is never below minimum count.
- Maintain stock level of coffee supply in multiple kitchen break rooms daily. Process weekly inventory and order of coffee supply.
- Assist Facilities Team when available:
- Ensure the building is presentable and safe at all times.
- Aid in employee moves, and cubicles are set up before new arrivals.
- Manage and track employee locations via master employee seating lists.
- Minor maintenance on a daily basis.
- Supervise staff No
- Organizational Scope All US locations/Single Category/Region/District/Distribution Center
Requirements: Job Qualifications Educational Experience:
- High School Diploma
- 2 years + experience in a corporate mail room or copy room environment
- Facilities experience a plus
- Telephone skills (multi-line)
- Computer literate (especially in Word and Excel)
- Ability to multitask and be organized
- Knowledge of how to use a mail machine (Pitney Bowes or similar) and basic office machinery
- must be able to lift 75lbs, crawl, bend, and stand on a ladder
- stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- use keyboard; read from computer screens and reports
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $17.00 /hour
- Computer Literacy: 2 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service Skills: 2 years (Preferred)
- Mail Room: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Calabasas, CA (Preferred)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
Hours per Week: