This position will be responsible for maintaining and repairing mechanical and electrical systems within a manufacturing environment.
General Maintenance Technician Requirements:
1. Good safety record and awareness
2. Good communication skills, oral and written (must be fluent reading and writing in English), must have good mathematical skills
3. Self motivated and positive attitude
4. Advanced diagnostic and problem solving/analytical skills
5. Computer literate (ability to work with, and report to Software programs)
6. Ability to treat others with integrity, trust and respect
7. Physically capable of performing all general maintenance repair responsibilities without problems (climbing ladders, lifting up to 65lbs, work in and around tight areas, work on and with booms and scissor lifts)
8. Knows how to operate and safely use hand and power tools.
9. Has mechanical and electrical aptitude
10. Experience in troubleshooting and repairing industrial production equipment, installing equipment and maintaining installations.
11. Experience in electrical troubleshooting.
12. Machining and/or welding experience
13. PLC knowledge and ability to trouble shoot logic.
14. Experience in hydraulic and pneumatic systems, HVAC, chillers, water treatment, air compressors, and boilers.
Maintenance experience on pumps, motors, gearboxes, plant utilities, dock door, lighting, forklifts. Formal training course, work certifications, college certificates & licenses can be used towards experience for requirements.
- Education - High School diploma or GED required
- One to two (1-2) years related maintenance experience
- Previous experience in the following maintenance areas preferred: electrical, plumbing, carpentry, welding, and boiler
- Knowledge of measuring gauges such as tape measures
- Knowledge of various hand and power tools
- Prior experience operating a forklift
- Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information
- Effective communication and problem solving skills
- Understanding of basic math, reading, and writing skills
- Ability to work under pressure to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations
Carlisle Construction Materials offers a competitive benefits package which includes 401k, medical/dental/prescription drug and life insurance, flex spending, educational assistance, holiday and vacation pay.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled