Scrap Metal Services LLC – Burnham, IL
Scrap Metal Services has an outstanding opportunity for a Maintenance Manager for our operation in Burnham, Illinois.
- Leads the maintenance of machinery and equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on fixed processing and mobile equipment.
- Can follow diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Supports the troubleshooting of faults and problems with all machines and equipment
- Controls downtime by developing a weekly maintenance schedule working with production leaders to build a plan that is mutually agreed on
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Experience not limited to:
- Ideally have worked in a heavy industrial production environment.
- Shredder, Conveyor and Hydraulic system knowledge is extremely preferred.
- Have 2+ years previous experience in similar maintenance field.
- Knowledge and experience of MIG welding and torching preferred.
- Ability to lead and foster a culture of care of our employees and vendors
- Have experience of running a computerized maintenance management program using work order systems and preventative maintenance schedules
- Ideally from the Steel or Scrap industry
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic safety knowledge & adherence to safety rules and regulations.
- Must have electrical and mechanical knowledge.
- Basic understanding of electrical (480V) and PLC operation.
- Be familiar with hand tools and power tools.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience in maintaining various pieces of mobile equipment including: Sennebogen, Liebherr, Caterpillar, Bobcat, Volvo Equipment.