Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Milton – Milton, MA
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton is committed to improving the health of our community by providing exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect.
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Milton is seeking a per-diem, Mammography Technologist. Under the clinical direction of a Radiologist and the administrative direction of the Director of Radilology, The Mammographer independently performs breast imaging procedures and localizations or stereotactic-guided biopsy procedures.
This is a per-diem position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform breast imaging and examination procedures following established departmental guidelines
- Follows all protocols regarding the performance of and documents all mammography exams. Maintains and completes records relative to procedure performed
- Practices sterile techniques, maintains all work areas in a clean and orderly fashion. Knowledge regarding mammography equipment, including radiographic processor and all quality control/quality assurance testing equipment. Performs and documents required daily quality control protocols in the absence of lead mammography technologist
- Assist Lead Mammographer in documentations
- Reports equipment malfunctions and documents all service calls
- Maintains competencies within department
- Notifies Director of any situations from within or outside Radiology Department
- Maintains inventory and orders supplies as needed
- Explains all procedures with patients, answers any questions or concerns expressed by patient following established departmental guidelines for maintaining patient confidentiality
- Collaborates, communicate and cooperate with other healthcare providers to ensure quality and continuity of care
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technology program, be registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and have a current license by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- A minimum of 3 years experience in Mammography is preferred
- Must maintain current Mammography certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists