Do you enjoy working with a top-notch team and being part of a growing, passionate, and forward-thinking company? Athena is fast becoming the best and most intensive high-touch consulting group in the country. Our exceptionally high standards and whole-brain, full-spectrum approach has earned us an enviable reputation across multiple industries and fueled our impressive growth. Athena brings an artful mix of creativity and facts-based insight to make even complex matters engaging, impactful, and memorable.
Athena is looking for a Managed Services Solution Engineer who has a passion for problem-solving, project management, and integrated communications. We work in a spirited, fast-paced, and ever-changing environment and were looking for someone who can hit the ground running and thrive in this setting. The deployment of ISP Managed Services is a strategic initiative that the company is focused on expanding in ISP Communities. As part of this strategic initiative to create and deploy a fully managed solution, there is a critical need for a business development and engineering resource who can help develop the correct solution set, design, and Bill of Materials for the customer.
What youll be responsible for:
- Develop design, implementation, and operations methodologies for property-wide multiple dwelling unit / hospitality / campus WiFi deployments.
- Lead the preparation of a complete estimate or proposal while focusing on developing a winning strategy to secure the project.
- Coordinate or conduct site surveys and analyze client requests and requirements.
- Coordinate and prepare all estimate/proposal packages for a range of managed services projects in response to RFPs, bid requests and sales team quote requests.
- Develop and validate pricing (equipment, materials and labor) with approval from leadership.
- Analyze specifications and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials and labor estimates.
- Consult with engineers, architects, and other professional and technical personnel when reviewing project documents.
- Coordinate proposal needs/deliveries in conjunction with the sales and project deployment teams.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Helps establish standard work processes for above.
- Primarily will work in an office environment at the ISP Managed Service group in Wilmington, NC; travel may be required occasionally.
- This position will require the ability to work both inside and outside of the facility. On-call and flexible work hours may be required.
- Applicant must have the ability to sit for long periods.
The skills and experience you should have:
- BS/BA in related discipline. 2+ years of related experience is required.
- Preferred Degrees: Finance/Accounting, Industrial Engineering or Construction Project Management.
- Cisco Professional Certification or equivalent is desired.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint is a must.
- Experience with Cisco or Ruckus wireless network equipment is preferred.
- Experience in completing quote packages and understanding of contractual requirements is preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge of project estimating and client development.
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures for construction and internet/video electronics is helpful.
- Strong Facilitation skills, including meeting content/agenda and proactive/creative management of issues.
- Experience working in an external, customer facing capacity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work quickly and independently in highly stressful situations.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment.
Its a plus if you have:
- Basic familiarity with site plans and construction drawings is a plus.
Its also a plus if are proficient in using the following resources:
- Microsoft Project
- Medical/Dental benefits including of 1K Health Reimbursement Account
- Matching 401K
Curious about your career path at Athena? This role is at the Manager or Senior Manager Level within Athenas career-path structure for the Delivery Team. This team has the following levels of progression for growth and development.
Analyst -> Sr. Analyst -> Manager -> Sr. Manager -> Director -> Sr. Director -> Managing Director
Oh, and our application process is easy, open, transparent, and as painless as we can make it. We need team members like you to join us! Lets get started.
Athena is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at 866.299.6040.