T2 Biosystems – Lexington, MA
The Manager, Accounting will have a key role in administering accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll, maintaining the accuracy of the general ledger, stock option administration and managing the monthly close process. This position will report to the Corporate Controller.
- Complete and review monthly close tasks including journal entries, reconciliations and financial reporting, while managing adherence to the overall close calendar.
- Assist with SEC reporting requirements, quarterly reviews and the annual audit.
- Supervise all aspects of the accounts payable function including matching paperwork, vouchering invoices and employee expense reimbursement, processing the weekly check run and wire transfers and resolving issues with vendors.
- Maintain all aspects of the accounts receivable function including billing customers, recording customer payments and collections.
- Process payroll on a bi-monthly and semi-monthly basis and record payroll journal entries.
- Prepare year-end ****93, ****93 & ****93 Forms and assist with the compilation of information for the Companys annual tax returns.
- Maintain the fixed asset and associated depreciation schedules, including monthly reconciliations and general journal entries; ensure proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
- Assist with tracking and maintaining company insurance policies including completion of renewal forms and audit requests.
- Maintain the integrity of accounting system including maintaining chart of accounts.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Revenue recognition and cost tracking for partnership agreements.
- Entering new equity grants into the equity management platform, calculating FMV, Forfeiture rates and recording stock compensation expense.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting and public accounting experience required.
- 5+ years of experience in finance and accounting required, life sciences industry preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel and other data analysis applications.
- Proficiency with accounting software packages, experience with Visual software a plus.
- Familiarity with ADP Workforce Now or other payroll software a plus.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Must have excellent work habits and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highest degree of ethics and integrity.
- Must have a positive attitude and strong attention to detail.