Manager, Grants Administration
Equal Justice Works – Washington, DC
ABOUT EQUAL JUSTICE WORKS:
The mission of Equal Justice Works is to create opportunities for lawyers to transform their passion for equal justice into a lifelong commitment to public service. We believe that a community of lawyers committed to public service can fulfill our nation s promise of equal justice for all. Please go to www.equaljusticeworks.org to learn more.
Equal Justice Works provides a continuum of opportunity that begins with incoming law school students and extends into later careers in the profession. From advocating for law school programs that instill public service values among students, to creating summer and postgraduate public interest jobs, to addressing the staggering educational debt that blocks lawyers from going into public service, Equal Justice Works inspires and provides opportunities for the legal community to change lives, make careers, and deliver on the promise of justice for all.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
The position of Manager, Grants Administration, Public Programs, provides subject matter expertise in grants and contracts administration to define and accomplish the strategic and operational goals of the unit, aligned with Equal Justice Works strategic plan. The position reports to the Assistant Director and works closely with finance, program, compliance and development functions within the organization.
- Develops and oversees grants management protocols and systems that support processes while balancing the needs of program and accounting staff, alongside regulatory compliance.
- Maintains subject matter expertise in grants management
- Drafts and updates grants management procedural manuals and protocols
- Develops and maintains standard forms and templates
- Trains and provides technical assistance to staff and subrecipients on grants management
- Oversees all technical and administrative activities throughout the entire award cycle of the grants and contracts portfolio (total award value approximately $25M), including:
- Advises on grants administration considerations for new opportunities
- Provides cost/price analysis for proposals as needed
- Maintains records in grants management systems
- Negotiates award terms with donors as needed
- Manages procurement/solicitation processes, including creation and deployment of RFPs with program staff
- Prepares sub award and service agreements/documents, fellowship agreements and grant amendment notifications
- Maintains and monitors reporting schedules, deadlines and requirements to ensure consistent grant processing
- Secures appropriate programmatic and financial authorization and signoff
- Supports sub recipient management and monitoring in compliance with the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards; OMB Circulars, and other applicable regulations or restrictions
- Performs record maintenance
- Oversees the completion of award close out with grants finance analyst, compliance manager and program teams
- Other grants and contract administration duties, as assigned
- Bachelors required. Masters degree preferred in area relevant to job responsibilities. Preferred minimum of 5 years experience in working with federal grants and contracts, preferably with at least one of those years in a compliance or finance role. PMP certification preferred
- Track record of excellence in contracts administration, subcontracting and contract review
- Command of Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards. Understanding of Federal Procurement Regulations (FAR), OMB Circulars A-122, A-133, 22 CFR Part 226, preferred
- Exceptional project management and analytical skills, attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills, including workflow management, coordinating a variety of tasks simultaneously and demonstrating flexibility
- Superior problem solving and judgment, with an ability to maintain professional, upbeat attitude and sense of humor.
- Solutions-oriented, with strong conceptual and innovative thinking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required with high degree of customer service orientation
- Demonstrated commitment to growth, meeting a high bar, and contributing to a positive workplace culture of continuous improvement and teamwork
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Comprehensive and generous benefits package commensurate with education and experience, including loan repayment assistance, full healthcare coverage, dental and 401k.
HOW TO APPLY:
- The position is open until filled. Applicants should send resume, three references and cover letter describing in detail their experience, qualifications and why they would be a good fit. Please note: Phone calls and direct emails will not be accepted. Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Job Type: Full-time