Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
Weve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
The Information Technology Project Management Office (IT PMO) is responsible for providing the project leadership, strategic consulting, and process predictability required to obtain the maximum business value from NetApps portfolio of IT projects and programs. We manage the planning and execution of NetApps highest priority programs and projects, organize and curate the master portfolio of work, and cultivate a high-performing culture through building trust and ownership.
A fresh perspective and a willingness to dig into problem areas is both encouraged and expected. The IT PMO organization is staffed with individuals that have a wide array of leadership experience both inside and outside of the technology sector, all of which are glued together by a shared desire to take part in solving difficult problems.
The Manager of the IT Project Management Office is responsible for leading a team of project and program managers who run complex, cross-functional, projects that are foundational to NetApps success. The Manager will partner with the IT Portfolio Management function to perform resource allocation, and to oversee project performance against baselines for time/cost/scope. The manager is also a central point of contact to support risk mitigation activities, project escalations, and report-outs to both sponsors and executive management. The Manager of the IT Project Management Office will operate in a highly cross-functional environment, act as a subject matter expert in terms of project management methodology, develop talent, act as a relentless advocate for positive change, and coach/mentor those whom they lead.
Most importantly, the PMO Manager is responsible for keeping long-term organizational goals in-sight and building/leveraging relationships in order to foster critical conversations that unstick teams, garner stakeholder alignment, and get things done.
- Provide leadership and oversight to a team of project and program managers.
- Assist staff with the building and organization of projects and programs in accordance with NetApp and industry standard best practices for governance, and objectives set by NetApp executive sponsors.
- Enforce and support PMO standards, processes and best practices.
- Develop and manage long-term goals for staff and team.
- Recognize diverging expectations and use relationships, communication, and mediation skills to resolve.
- Participate in budgetary review meetings.
- Participate in project and program Operating Committee meetings.
- Provide an escalation path within the PMO for stakeholders and sponsors, develop mitigation plans, and work inside and outside the team to execute them.
- Keep a strong focus on strategic outcomes and act as an advocate for change even when change is difficult.
- Participate in the project/program change control processes. Review, discuss, and approve changes from the PMO perspective.
- Oversee vendor/consulting engagements as part of delivering on project objectives
- Provide mentorship, training and support for full time and contract staff.
- Perform recruiting, onboarding, and offboarding processes as required for full time and contract staff.
- Hold regular meetings (staff alignment, one on one, developmental discussions, etc.)
- Proactively manage stakeholder relationships.
- Conduct periodic stakeholder alignments to monitor progress, identify issues, and to keep management aligned on status.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, candor, and a willingness to speak up even when speaking up makes the room uncomfortable.
- Ability to influence, take a consultative approach, and use business acumen to resolve problems.
- Strong people leadership skills.
- Extensive knowledge of project management best practices.
- Possess a persistent desire to attract and retain top project management talent
- Focus on identifying and advocating for win/win options or reasonable compromises.
- Robust interpersonal skills, including ability to translate jargon and message to technical and non-technical audiences alike.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a matrixed environment.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization: Individual Contributor through Executive.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple competing priorities.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- This individual should be self-starting, proactive, and have the ability to operate, drive results, and set priorities independently without being micro-managed.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 10 or more years of hands-on project and program management
- Experience overseeing projects/programs with significant organizational change management impacts.
- Project Management Professional certification preferred
- People management experience preferred
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because its the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because whats important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled