Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) is a major manufacturer and supplier of residential locksets, residential builders hardware, faucets, and commercial locksets and doors, with a portfolio of renowned brands, including Kwikset, Weiser, Baldwin, National Hardware, Stanley, FANAL, Pfister, EZSET, and Tell. HHI is a leader in its key markets with #1 positions in U.S. residential locksets (Kwikset), Canada residential locksets (Weiser), U.S. luxury locksets (Baldwin), and U.S. builders hardware (Stanley-National Hardware), #2 in Mexico residential hardware (Fanal), #3 in U.S. retail plumbing (Pfister), and #1 in U.S. retail commercial locksets. Headquartered in Orange County, California, HHI has a global sales force and operates manufacturing and distribution facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Asia. HHI is a division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc.
Supply Planning Manager is responsible for maintaining and communicating the Supply Plan to Manufacturing and across the supply chain and uses the forecast, customer order information, and inventory strategies to establish inventory levels that maximize working capital & service. Supply Planning Managers set target finished goods inventory levels based on statistical analysis, and are responsible for managing, assisting and training Supply Planners in the above mentioned processes. Works across the Supply Chain organization, in coordination with Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, Suppliers and Financial Management both at the senior and middle management levels to plan and develop S&OP (Sales, Operations and Planning), Product Run Rates (Production, Sales and Inventory) and plant production planning.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
40% Inventory Management:
- Implements self-scheduling in the manufacturing plants and 3rd party suppliers. Assists planners with the planning tool upon implementation.
- Sets target finished goods inventory levels based on statistical analysis of demand profiles and the manufacturing plants abilities to supply. Reviews target inventories on a quarterly basis and updates as required.
- Manages inventories to assure the highest level of customer service while achieving company inventory targets.
- Supports the management of excess and obsolete finished goods inventories.
- Supports key performance improvement initiatives.
30% Production Planning Management (Production, Sales and Inventory PSI):
- On a monthly basis, converts the forecast in to a maximized production, sales and inventory plan.
- Provides new product and promotion volume information to manufacturing plants to initiate production planning.
- Provides manufacturing updates on significant demand changes. Communicates with manufacturing plants, and plans for product updates, promotions, new product launches, deletions and rework.
- Communicates trends to manufacturing plants by PSI category including finish, style, product line, make/buy designation.
- On a yearly basis, uses current year production, sales and inventory information along with the coming year supply plan to create a Production, Inventory, and Sales (PSI) Plan for the Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
20% Supply Planning Management
- Leads the S&OP process for Supply Planning. Ensures the efficient planning of product promotions, new production introductions and product deletions.
- Identifies and resolves supply and demand issues that impact a maximized working capital and service.
- Works closely with Demand Planning & Marketing on planning new product introduction, customer mix reset management and product packaging changes.
10% Other/As Needed
Education and Experience Profile
- B.S. in Engineering / Operations / Supply Chain Management required
- Advanced degree in Engineering or Business is a plus
- 8-10 years of experience in Supply Chain required
- Extensive functional knowledge of demand planning, forecasting, and other related areas.
- Experience leading projects, and/or business teams or providing key technical expertise.
- Operations experience in consumer products industry preferred.
- Strong project management experience.
- Hands on experience with planning software.
- Experience in presenting to skip level management.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to prepare executive level presentations.
- Proven ability to provide leadership through influence.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Proven track record of successfully working with all levels within the organization.
- Experience working with external clients.
- APICS CPIM Certification required
- Builds strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Effectively builds formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning.
- Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same.
- Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully.
- Pushes self and helps others achieve results.
- Creates a feeling of belonging and strong team morale; Shares wins and rewards team efforts.
- Fosters open dialogue and collaboration among the team.
- Deals constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes.
- Strong written and oral communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Job Reference: US11002