The Controller directs the financial affairs of the New Port Richey, FL Aerospace manufacturing location, prepares monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements with supporting schedules for Finance and Operations, Site Operations and Corporate Finance/Shared Services. Assures company compliance with internal and external financial policies. The Controller will partner with Plant Manager of site to provide pertinent data to establish Operational and Financial goal alignment and drive towards results. The Controller will have direct responsibility of government accounting supervisor. Has shared responsibility (dotted line reporting) of Portsmouth Center of Excellence (COE) Cost Accountant with COE Finance Officer and will report to the Business Unit Finance Business Partner. The individual selected will often times, act independently to assess and problem solve and implement operational programs.
- Attends Gemba daily as Finance Leader, ensuring Operational activities discussed are appropriately accounted for financially.
- Shines the light on areas of opportunity and challenges the business to implement changes for financial improvement.
- Verifies financial results & analysis including: Shin events, kaizen, lines moves, Investment Proposal Authorizations and VA/VE projects.
- Prepares and presents/translates in simple manner the daily/weekly/monthly financial results (including monthly financial performance package) to site operational team in aggregate and by value stream.
- Contribute to process improvement ideation, team involvement and independently manage projects utilizing DBS tools to achieve improvements in Operation cost structure as well financial controls, reporting and SAP processes.
- Coordinates and leads the preparation of the budget/forecast process for site including analysis of the variances
- Responsible for the sites adherence to Pall policies, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for all functions within trial balance. (Cycle Counting, E&O, Tax Package,)
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of site Trial Balance (all functions) as well as implementing and communicating Internal Controls including internal/external audit of the financial statements
- Ensures Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) / Supplements to FAR / Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) compliant policies and procedures are in place and being maintained.
- Compute and monitor rates for pricing for government contracts based on budget inputs and year-to-date actuals and year-end, based on actuals incurred)
- Prepares and communicated interim, quarterly and annual financial statements (Spread template) and supporting analytical review to Global Operations Controller and Corporate Reporting.
- Partners with Operations to implement Standard Cost for existing products and new products by maintaining a high level Operational understanding of the value streams within the site and the financial components of them (Volume, overhead cost, labor cost, standards, yields, efficiency, fixed/variable, etc..)
- As necessary, directs and supervises the Accounting COE assigned to the manufacturing site. Dotted line responsibility of COE Cost Accountant
- Provides regular feedback to COE Accounting team including participating in Performance for Growth (P4G) and Performance for Development (P4D) for COE Cost Accountant assigned to manufacturing site
- Liaison between local site operations team and centralized financial support functions
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- CPA required
- 8+ years experience in general/cost accounting, standard cost, and manufacturing finance
- (FAR) and (CAS) related experience with familiarity of the regulations, standards, applicable agency supplements
- Excel, Word, PowerPoint, IFM and FRx report writing system
- SAP Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient with Word, advanced Excel skills, PowerPoint, Hyperion, and Spreadsheet Server
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including GAAP
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Ability to prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Advanced SAP user
- Success with leading others
US Citizenship or Resident Alien status required to support government programs and projects
Diversity & Inclusion At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a pageDiversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview Pall Corporation is proud to be part of the Danaher global family of more than 20 operating companies, driving meaningful innovation in some of todays most dynamic, growing industries. Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Organization: Pall Job Function: Finance & Accounting Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-FL-New Port Richey Schedule: Full-time