Danfoss – Loves Park, IL
Manufacturing Engineer Low/Medium Power
Danfoss, a leading global supplier of adjustable frequency drives, has an opening at the Loves Park, IL facility for a Manufacturing Engineer.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing processes through the use of Lean tools such as: line balancing, Kaizen, Poka-Yoke, Root Cause Analysis, Standard Work, and Value Stream Mapping, and others Has worked with these tools.
- Develops and actively updates documentation pertaining to IATF Certification.
- Responsible for production bill of material and routing setup.
- Designs manufacturing setups with high focus on safety, quality and ergonomics
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods
- Confers with suppliers to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes
- Participates in RCPS Root Cause Problem Solving process on the production floor
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and determine process capability
- Responsible for production assembly tools
- Extensive participation in teams
- Performs other duties as assigned
Basic Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Bachelors Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering
- Ability to use CAD systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to actively participate in meetings
- Proven Lean expertise
- Knowledge of and experience in IATF, TS and/or ISO quality system
- Experience with PFMEAs, Control Plans, Measurement System Analysis, SPC, and process capability analysis
- Experience using hand tools
We are Engineering Tomorrow The world faces growing populations, booming urbanization and rapid climate change. At Danfoss, we engineer ready-to-use solutions to these challenges. We build energy-efficient solutions that reduce food loss and make cities cleaner using digital technology to make systems smarter and more connected and we engineer innovative new ways to save energy and transition to clean energy for the good of our climate.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Manufacturing Engineering: 3 years (Required)
- CAD: 3 years (Required)