Job Id : 25
Jobtitle : Manufacturing Engineer
Location : Spirit Lake, IA
Company Name : Polarisind
Industry : Engineering
Salary : $50,346 - $91,911 YEAR
Job type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2019-09-06
Required Skills : Strong Organizational, Communication, And Leadership
Benefits : No benefits are available
Responsible for establishing and implementing the most cost efficient methods for production. Supports product development cycle by working intimately with the New Product Integration Engineering and Paint team to insure timely completion of projects within budget and seek out, evaluate, and coordinate new manufacturing friendly processes for incorporation into Polaris products resulting in higher quality, lower cost, and increased value for the consumer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Attends project status meetings and design reviews for the respective product line(s) focusing on reduction of parts, commonality and ease of assembly. Advises design on lead times, part and tooling cost impacts, and the impact on labor costs for all new designs. Assists with the definition of internal process limitations as well as design limitations with the assistance of Quality Engineering.
2. Research new process/manufacturing technology and coordinate procurement and implementation into manufacturing.
3. Develops and updates process documentation and procedure instructions.
4. Conducts direct labor studies using acceptable engineering practices and establishes standards on operations, set up, and work station layout.
5. Reviews preliminary product and tooling designs. Assists in making recommendations to reduce costs and improve manufacturability and quality on new or existing parts.
6. Analyzes and evaluates manufacturing methods and standards problems. Provides solutions that adversely affect costs, operator safety, productivity and quality.
7. Identifies areas of unnecessary cost, and researches methods and procedures for cost reductions.
8. Assists in the coordination of detailed, complete, and accurate capital equipment studies. Makes appropriate recommendations for capital expenditures.
9. Work with the project engineers to develop estimates of part costs and tooling as well as make recommendations on material and processes for internal components.
10. Assists manufacturing engineering supervisor and manufacturing team with the development, justification, and execution of long range plans to meet corporate objectives.
11. Recognize current production problems and address in new development with the New Product Integration team.
12. Assist in development of capital budgets and expense budgets.
13. Special duties assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
1. B.S. degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Technology
2. 5+ years manufacturing experience. Lean Manufacturing knowledge.
3. Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
4. Excellent verbal and written skills required.
5. Proficiency with PC's (MS Office) and CAD software. Fanuc and Paintworks software and programming preferred.
6. Excellent mechanical aptitude and mechanic skills.
7. Strong Project Management skills.
8. Desire to work on, ride, and improve industry-leading Powersports products.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don’t just create products — they are part of a lifestyle. It’s the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do. Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris’ innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information. Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Upstream Global Services Sunnyvale, CA
Job Description: Has experience with some kind of cloud computing (i.e. Kuberentes, AWS, ...
Upstream Global Services Round Rock, TX
Job Description: We are seeking a Project Manager for the Product & Application Security ...
IT-SCIENT LLC Ipswich, MA
Roles and Responsibilities: Specific skills needed to perform or understand sql queries, ...
Alliance IT California City, CA
Required Skills and Experience: Spring (4+ years ) and Core java (4+ years) mandatory, RESTful...
Talent Junction LLC San Francisco, CA
Job Description: 3+ year’s experience with container-based platforms (Docker, OpenShift,...
We’re an equal opportunity provider.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
OPTnation.com is not a Consulting Company/Training Company/H1B Sponsor.