Responsible for establishing and implementing the most cost efficient methods for production. Supports product development cycle by working intimately with the New Product Integration Engineering and Paint team to insure timely completion of projects within budget and seek out, evaluate, and coordinate new manufacturing friendly processes for incorporation into Polaris products resulting in higher quality, lower cost, and increased value for the consumer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Attends project status meetings and design reviews for the respective product line(s) focusing on reduction of parts, commonality and ease of assembly. Advises design on lead times, part and tooling cost impacts, and the impact on labor costs for all new designs. Assists with the definition of internal process limitations as well as design limitations with the assistance of Quality Engineering.
2. Research new process/manufacturing technology and coordinate procurement and implementation into manufacturing.
3. Develops and updates process documentation and procedure instructions.
4. Conducts direct labor studies using acceptable engineering practices and establishes standards on operations, set up, and work station layout.
5. Reviews preliminary product and tooling designs. Assists in making recommendations to reduce costs and improve manufacturability and quality on new or existing parts.
6. Analyzes and evaluates manufacturing methods and standards problems. Provides solutions that adversely affect costs, operator safety, productivity and quality.
7. Identifies areas of unnecessary cost, and researches methods and procedures for cost reductions.
8. Assists in the coordination of detailed, complete, and accurate capital equipment studies. Makes appropriate recommendations for capital expenditures.
9. Work with the project engineers to develop estimates of part costs and tooling as well as make recommendations on material and processes for internal components.
10. Assists manufacturing engineering supervisor and manufacturing team with the development, justification, and execution of long range plans to meet corporate objectives.
11. Recognize current production problems and address in new development with the New Product Integration team.
12. Assist in development of capital budgets and expense budgets.
13. Special duties assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
1. B.S. degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Technology
2. 5+ years manufacturing experience. Lean Manufacturing knowledge.
3. Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
4. Excellent verbal and written skills required.
5. Proficiency with PC&39;s (MS Office) and CAD software. Fanuc and Paintworks software and programming preferred.
6. Excellent mechanical aptitude and mechanic skills.
7. Strong Project Management skills.
8. Desire to work on, ride, and improve industry-leading Powersports products.