Manufacturing Engineer With Turbo/Turbine Experience
Rhinestahl Corporation – Mason, OH
This person is responsible for the engineering activity and support for the manufacturing of projects, mainly Turbojet parts from launch to completion. He/she develops, implements and improves manufacturing processes to ensure efficient, timely, cost-effective and accurate completion of precision machining jobs. On a project level, orders will work with sales and the customer as the project progresses providing milestone updates and communicating issues directly with the customer. He/she develops and implements scheduled activities in close coordination with all operations functions and quality processes to ensure efficient, timely, cost-effective and accurate completion of customer-specific jobs/projects.
- Oversee, monitor and report on the progress of manufacturing projects, including budgets and spending.
- Communicate with manufacturing team, customers and others on the status of projects.
- Create routers for cost-effective manufacturing processes utilizing 3/4/5 Axis machine tools.
- Support fabrication shop in the manufacturing and processing of complex weldments.
- Develop, evaluate, and implement methods to expedite machining jobs through the shop for proper processing and timely delivery of the product.
- Communicate with outside vendors for various machine processes including but not limited to heat treating, black oxide, nickel plating, anodize, painting, and special processing.
- Review customer quote requests to ensure all required information is received to develop an accurate quote.
- Create material lists and coordinate material procurement with Purchasing.
- Help to develop new manufacturing processes.
- Review jobs for process improvement opportunities as well as consolidation.
- Provide technical assistance to machinists and programmers, as well as suppliers to ensure the process is fully developed.
- Support the Quality Department in identifying and resolving non-conformances.
- Perform other duties and specific projects as assigned.
- Experience on Gas Turbine, primarily Turbojet parts processing is a must.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering or related discipline or 5-7 years equivalent experience
- Previous experience in manufacturing engineering any CAM software is preferred
- Prior experience in project management a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Project
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Turbo: 5 years (Required)
- Turbine: 5 years (Preferred)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement