Gas and PowerBusiness Unit:
Oil & GasRequisition Number:
United States-Texas-HoustonAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Mid levelEducation Required Level:
Bachelor s DegreeTravel Required:
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services. Siemens sets the standard for excellence in power generation, transmission and distribution, and provides innovative customer solutions from utilities, to industrial space, to oil and gas companies. Siemens portfolio includes power plants and power-generating equipment, turbines for use as mechanical drives, compressors for industrial applications, power transmission and distribution systems, smart grid applications, and related instrumentation and control systems. For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/power gas.htmlJob Description:Position Overview
As the Manufacturing Support Engineer, you are an integral part of the team supporting all production and test activities within the turbomachinery final assembly (packaging) and test facility.As an agent of change in this role, your main objectives revolve around the systematic identification and elimination of all forms of waste and constraints in the production and test activities, while keeping focus on the Health, Safety and Environmental aspects of the operation.
In addition you will be linked between Engineering and Production, provide feedback on designs and either follow-up or directly disposition non-conformities to keep production moving at all times.
You will be utilizing, influencing and training personnel resources that are not directly under its control to achieve both individual and team goals for long term success. Your Responsibilities
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Lead all production and testing related Engineering activities such as tooling, jigs and fixtures design and specification; custom engineered test equipment design/specification; test bed layout and equipment selection as necessary.
- Coordinate with production staff and scheduler to track, analyze and maintain the complete list of production activities, optimizing their sequence wherever possible.
- Participate in the scheduling and allocation of resources (space, manpower, equipment, utilities etc.) to maximize efficiency and level the factory load.
- Develop strategic production floor and equipment layouts contributing to physical workflow optimization while remaining focused on ergonomics and health, safety and environmental considerations.
- Use Lean Manufacturing and other methodologies to systematically identify, target and eliminate all forms of waste and constraints in the current packaging operations environment. Will be encouraged to challenge the status quo to develop or continuously improve existing packaging and test processes. Will be one of the departments leaders of the Lean Transformation culture.
- Lead the conceptualization and development and implementation of the various Digitalization efforts to bring the operation closer to its future vision and targets.
- Function as a team leader to plan, develop and implement small and large improvement projects including analysis, justification and specifications to support and install any capital equipment project.
- Liaise directly with the shop floor personnel to identify and resolve issues during assembly and test activities, dispositioning non-conformities or referring them to relevant Engineering resources as applicable, prioritizing them so as to not disrupt the optimum production sequence.
- Provide detailed feedback to Engineering for product and or design amendments that would improve manufacturability, reduce complexity, eliminate recurring non-conformances or improve HS&E considerations.
- Participate and/or leads Root Cause analysis and corrective/preventative action implementation for incidents or non-conformances within the realm of packaging and testing.
- Bachelors Degree in Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering field
- 5 years of experience in Engineering, Manufacturing or Operating environment
- 2 years in Turbomachinery or Rotating Equipment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills at all levels
- Proficient MS Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Track record of analytical and problem solving skills (root cause analysis etc)
- 2D / 3D CAD experience
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Siemens Gas and Power (GP)
- Siemens NX
- Extended Microsoft Office applications (Visio, MS Project) and VBA coding
- Familiarity with Kanban board system
- Experience in project management of new capital, and implementing change in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Lean concepts such as Kaizen, Kanban, 6S, Value Stream Mapping etc.
- Good working knowledge of SAP
is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of todays industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.