Develops and identifies market research data to support state expansion and market growth and penetration. Engages in research and complex analysis of product and marketing-related data tied to business performance. Communicates findings and impacts effectively to internal business stakeholders and senior leaders to influence business decisions that affect our policyholder and agent customers and business results.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Assists management team in identifying opportunities for the development of sales and marketing strategies in expansion states.
- Provides competitive analysis to attain new business, increase market penetration, and/or identifies new programs with expansion states based on business strategies.
- Communicates and expresses ideas, methodology, results and recommendations clearly through insightful reports and graphic illustrations.
- In collaboration with the Customer Experience Manager, collects and analyzes data on customer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand. Interprets findings and communicates results.
- Monitors, organizes, and reports relevant industry news, statistics, and trends including competitive intelligence and assessments of marketplace threats and new entrants. Measures the effectiveness of marketing, advertising, and communications programs and strategies.
- Gathers data about consumers, competitors, and market conditions. Devises and evaluates methods for collecting data.
- Performs quantitative analyses to evaluate and implement strategic options. Analyzes competitors products, distribution methods and business results; reports on information obtained.
- Develops strong relationships with internal and external clients.
- Leverages advanced analytics to understand market impact and make recommendations to enhance brand and business strategy.
- Manages multiple research project timelines. Goes beyond a project-based mindset and is a strategic partner; offers strategic insights, communicates these clearly, and ensures that these drive business decisions.
- Analyzes and develops business system(s) and business process solutions with regard to efficient use of resources for maximum ROI and ease of use to the end customer. Ability to research and analyze systems for effective sales and marketing outcomes.
- Documents business process changes and creates supporting flowcharts for any process influenced by a planned implementation of business software functionality.
- Collaborates with Sales & Marketing, IT, and UW Business Analyst in the direction and deployment of business applications.
- Collaborates with internal departments and with the independent agency force to gather/define specifications for business application information requirements, operational needs, and negotiates requirements as needed.
- Communicates project activity and status to Sponsor and Project Manager while collaborating with the Corporate Marketing Manager and VP of Sales & Marketing to effectively prioritize documentation needs/requests.
- Participates in special projects; perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors degree. Preferred in a Marketing or a quantitative discipline (i.e. Statistics, Economics, Market Research, Business Intelligence) or a combination of the equivalent education and/or experience with analytics-focus.
- 4+ years of applicable experience, to include project facilitation.
- Experience with SQL, Excel, Google Analytics, marketing automation and CRM platforms.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills to include strong attention to detail.
- Experience working with large data sets and the ability to use multiple software packages (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, Internet applications, e-mail, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage time and workload.
- Communication skills to seek out details, express ideas, and present solutions in ways the audience can understand. This may involve researching, interviewing, and anticipation of how to apply a solution to a current or new process.
- 5 years of insurance industry-related experience. Familiarity with insurance support applications.
- Experience working within a project management environment with an ability to see and design exception workflows for alternate processes.
- Continued insurance and/or IS coursework.
Working Conditions and Environment
- Majority of the work will be at our corporate location, in an office setting.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. on occasion.
Society Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Society are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualification without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local Laws.
Society Insurance is a drug-free workplace. Any candidate who receives an offer of employment from Society will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test for controlled substances. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment drug test, which is conducted in accordance with Society s substance abuse policy.