Dassault Falcon Jet, one of the most sought after brands in business aviation is seeking a Market Research Analyst in our Corporate Headquarters in Little Ferry, New Jersey. In this role the ideal candidate will track, record and report activities in the business aviation industry including competitive sales, aircraft transactions, company/executive contact changes and field intelligence. The Market Research Analyst will feed this information to the worldwide corporate database and assist in preparing reports of industry sales activity, market share, competitive intelligence and world economic trends for senior management. Additionally, this position is responsible for the research of unknown companies and executives to assist in prospect qualification and will contribute to direct mail efforts through knowledge of targeting using other databases/software/applications such as JetNet, Amstat, Hoover?s, VRef, Bluebook, Siebel, MS Office. This position works closely with parent company, Dassault Aviation.
Principal Duties/Responsibities (Essential Functions):
- Track worldwide business jet sales and deliveries on an ongoing, methodical basis, analysis and reporting of data.
- Must know, understand and be proficient with research tools/software such as JetNet, Amstat, Hoovers, Vref, Bluebook, Siebel.
- Must be proficient in Advanced level Excel, with strong PowerPoint skills
- Collect intelligence on new competitive sales and products.
- Utilize business intelligence tools and databases to perform statistical analyses
- Assist in preparing monthly management reports which highlight, among other things:
- New and used Falcon sales
- New and used competitive sales
- Market share studies
- Economic conditions and trends
- Competitive intelligence
- Provide ongoing information on the Fractional and Jet Card markets
- Provide prospect informational background on companies, executives and individuals
- Generate Market Studies for particular territories, industries and other demographics
- Oversee and update new tools to be used by the department and sales force
- Ability to research and mine data from all available resources
- Proactively search for innovative ideas that Dassault should be made aware of for the short, mid, and long term design of the Falcon product line
- Generate monthly internal Newsletter on the industry and competition
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Non-Principal Duties/Responsibilities (Non-Essential Functions):
- Tasks the employee may be asked to perform that are infrequent or non-essential and could be performed by another position within the department without altering the underlying reason the job exists.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor?s degree in Business, Marketing or Aviation Business Management
- Experience working with online services for research databases/software/applications such as JetNet, Amstat, Hoover?s, Vref, Bluebook, Siebel, MS Office.
- Excellent PC/IT skills using Power Point, Access
- Advanced level abilities in Excel Software, creating Pivot Tables and writing Macros
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills
- Accurate, thorough and detailed oriented
- Keen interest in Corporate Aviation Industry
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Business aviation background and familiarity with corporate jet transactions
- Business management / marketing
- Database management background
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- 40 hours/week @ 5 days/week
- Fast paced sales office environment.
- Firm deadlines which may require overtime from time to time.
- Detailed orientated, financial and market research analysis
- Works with all levels of management