Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the worlds leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the Worlds Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Job Summary: The Marketing Communications Specialist will implement the Companys Social Media and Public Relations strategies, by becoming a presence on the campus, developing brand awareness through multiple mediums, generating inbound traffic to company web site and social media platforms and encouraging product adoption and student engagement. This role coordinates with the Marketing Manager to support their respective missions, ensuring consistency in voice and cultivating a social media referral network. The successful candidate will be an extremely talented, passionate, and detailed Marketer who will aid in the planning, development, generation, and implementation of print and digital copy. Critical to the role is the ability to dive into details in order to transform industry subject matter into humanly relevant messages that resonate with, engage, and educate a variety of audiences.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the social media and public relations strategy, coordinating with the sales and marketing team across campus to ensure its effectiveness by encouraging adoption of relevant social media and PR techniques into the corporate culture and into all of the companys products and services. Target audiences include students, faculty, staff and the local community.
- Manage social media and public relations campaigns and day-to-day activities. Duties include online advocacy and promotion, writing editorial content for a variety of communication platforms, community-outreach efforts, promotions, building local publication relationships, etc.
- Manage presence on social networking sites including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed
- Become an advocate of the Company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and responding to questions where appropriate
- Manage a Blogger outreach program and build an active brand ambassador network to spread the word about the Company
- Establish and monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results
- Share feedback insights gained from social media monitoring with the Operations teams, to help them evolve their strategies in a timely fashion and demonstrate responsiveness to customer needs, and trends
- Works with Marketing Coordinator to make daily updates to the Company Website including menu correctness, video content, and written content. Ensure everything is accurate and on point with our Company message
- Collaborate with design and other team members to develop compelling content plans.
- Work with subject matter experts on a variety of topics and translate that information into captivating and concrete storytelling, enhancing brand awareness and engagement.
- Think strategically and participate in creative concepts in a wide range of media, beyond the what is into the realm of what can be.
- Establish strong relationships across departments and an understanding of client needs, the consumer experience, marketing strategy and operational capabilities.
- Monitor company presence in social media, local and industry media
Additional Job Functions:
- Complete marketing projects as needed
- Assist in other departments as needed
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No direct supervisory responsibilities
- Bachelors Degree in journalism, advertising, communications, marketing or English
- Public relations, Marketing, Sales, Community Management experience, a plus Exceptional knowledge and skills of all social media
- Strong organizational and collaborative skills
- Have a strong knowledge of principles of Search Engine Operations (SEO)
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while meeting demanding deadlines, producing high quality work and projecting a positive attitude
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary
- Good understanding of technology and social media applications, and can pick up new tools quickly
- Must be able to effectively communicate and understand directions
- Must be able to understand safety rules, Aramark Alcohol Regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures
- Ability to understand and use Microsoft Office
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Flexible availability
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and other graphic design program
- 2 years of work experience
- Marketing office
- Other unit offices
- Campus dining locations
- Fax Machine
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
Lifting Requirements: MODERATE: Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 20 pounds. Objects weighing more than 25 pounds require assistance through use of the buddy system.
Bending: Constant Keying: Constant Hearing: Constant Reaching: Constant Seeing: Constant Speaking: Constant Standing: Frequent Walking: Frequent Lifting: Frequent
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran